You Can Trust Me (SanLix) [PART 2]

Pairing: San & Felix (ft. ATZ)

Genre: Mafia AU, Hybrid AU

!!TW!! : angst, past abuse, mentioned hybrid trafficking, mentioned fighting ring, SKZ are the bad guys in this, Halateez is a thing too

.

.

.

Ever since Felix had run away, ATEEZ hadn't been the same. A distinct tension reigned in the group, and conflicts erupted at the slightest spark of irritation. To say Hongjoong had fucked up would be an understatement, but it was too late to take it back, now.

"San, we should go—"

"Shut up. I know."

Jongho heaved out a sigh as San stalked away. Ever since Felix had run away, San had become distant and irritable, snapping at the slightest thing. He blamed everyone for Felix's departure but, most importantly, he blamed himself – and, for the last month, he spent every single night scouring the streets and alleys in the hopes of finding the cat hybrid again. Jongho couldn't really blame him. With SKZ actively looking for Felix, the freckled boy was definitely in danger, and he couldn't trust anyone. He was surely scared, probably hurt, and most definitely alone – no wonder San was so worried and agitated.

But thankfully, as much as life enjoyed screwing everyone over, it also had a way of giving back.

"What's up?" asked Jongho, answering Yunho's call.

"We found Felix. He's been caught, he's being taken across the border as we speak, and there's not enough of us to stop them. Leader gave the all-clear for a rescue mission, but we'll have to give up if they make it beyond our territory."

"Got it. Send us your location, we're on our way." Hanging up, he noticed that San was already far ahead, and he bit back a sigh. "San! Move your ass, they've found Felix!"

Those were the magic words and, in an instant, San was back by his side, his eyes wide and his hands clenching as he obviously refrained the urge to shake the younger's shoulders.

"Where!? Is he okay!?"

"Come on, I'll explain everything on the way, but we gotta hurry!"

"Roger that!"

.

Felix had been hiding in an abandoned warehouse located at the very opposite of SKZ's territory, but spies had managed to find him and restrain him. One of Yunho's informants had contacted him about it, having witnessed the kidnapping, and ATEEZ had instantly gone on the move. 

Hongjoong was willing to give rescuing Felix a shot, but not to the price of an all-out war with SKZ – if the hybrid was taken to their rival's territory, then they'd simply have to resign themselves to giving him up for good. Understanding what was at stake, the others were quick to elaborate a plan and put it into action.

Yeosang's sharpshooter abilities allowed him to hit two of the wheels and effectively sent the car crashing into a nearby fence. The moment the kidnappers lost control of the vehicle, the other members instantly rushed in, Mingi, Jongho, and Yunho making a beeline for the front so as to handle the spies, while San, Wooyoung, and Seonghwa quickly walked toward the back of the van. 

Forcing the doors open while their teammates handled the four spies, San felt intense relief wash over him when his eyes landed on Felix. The poor boy was unconscious and tied up on the floor of the van with some blood caking his hair and his forehead but, other than that, he seemed fine.

Quickly getting rid of his bindings, San then carefully picked him up, cradling him against his chest and cursing internally at just how light the younger was – he definitely hadn't been eating much, if at all. Just as he got out of the van, Felix stirred, his eyes blearily opening.