You'll Love Me At Once (HyunLix)

Pairing: Hyunjin & Felix

Genre: Fantasy AU

!!TW!! : angst, kidnapping (kind of?), fatal injury

.

.

.

Felix held his breath as he peered through the half-opened door. On the other side was a large lobby filled with crystal chandeliers hanging from the ceiling and sparkling flowers running up the columns – and at the very opposite end of the room was a set of large double doors made of red wood.

Almost there!

He'd been preparing for weeks, now. This was the furthest he'd ever gotten and, with sweet freedom finally within his grasp, Felix could no longer resist the temptation and pushed his way inside. He carefully glanced around, but only a few butterflies fluttered about – it was now or never.

Felix took off in direction of the doors. If he could just push them open and get outside, then he could finally—

"Got you~."

"Ack!"

Without warning, familiar arms wrapped themselves around his waist and stopped his mad dash, spinning him around to get rid of his momentum before finally settling him down again. The moment his feet returned to the pink marbled floor, Felix turned around and pouted at his captor.

"No fair," he huffed. "I was almost there!"

Hyunjin grinned, flicking his nose. "Key word: almost. Better luck next time, petal."

Felix sighed as he realized he'd once again lost their little game. With one last dejected look for the doors behind them, he then intertwined his fingers with Hyunjin's and let the older lead him out of the lobby. As they walked, Felix couldn't help but glance at the man beside him.

Hyunjin was an ancient, powerful Fae. His long, dark hair was filled with delicate tresses and golden beads, and it was tied back in a low ponytail with a white ribbon. As per usual, he was dressed in a completely white outfit that matched the delicate butterfly wings folded behind his back, of which the tips almost brushed the floor. 

Hyunjin smiled when their eyes met, his own a pale silver that always entranced the freckled boy – the Fae's natural allure. Hyunjin tried his best to keep it contained but, with how powerful he was, it was a little hard to keep his instinctual abilities in check.

"You're staring again, petal," hummed the Fae, distinctly amused.

Felix flushed a bit, averting his eyes. "It's just... You're really beautiful, Hyunie."

"So are you, my little sunflower." Hyunjin cooed softly at the blush rising to Felix's cheeks, stopping so he could kiss the younger's cheek. "So pretty~."

"You're prettier," flushed Felix, keeping his gaze glued to the floor.

Hyunjin slipped a finger under his chin and gently tilted his head up until their eyes could meet again. Not for the first time, Felix was taken aback by the pure adoration written all over the Fae's face.

"Fae can't lie," he murmured, gently stroking Felix's cheek. "Even one as powerful as I cannot utter lies. I can only omit the truth, at best, so know that I believe every praise I offer you."

"Hyunie..."

Hyunjin leaned down, pressing their lips together for a brief kiss. Once he pulled away, he tightened his grip on Felix's hand and started tugging him along with a smile.