Treasure (ATZLix) [PART 3]

Pairing: ATZ & Felix (with JoongLix focus)

Genre: A/B/O AU, College AU

!!TW!! : hospital, mentioned injuries, selective mutism, I actually know nothing of SuperM or its members they were just the group requested as antagonists so sorry for messing up their personalities, open ending

(requested by @61CY_ARMY_GAL_RMs_LOVE26)

.

.

.

As it turned out, waking up alone in a hospital bed was a pretty bad trigger for Felix, and the nurses were forced to put him under before he could accidentally hurt himself in his distressed state. When he woke up for the second time, he was wearing a blindfold, and someone was holding his hand.

"Felix? Are you awake?"

He squeezed Wooyoung's hand – he knew it was him, he recognized his voice, and he instantly felt safe. A soft, relieved sigh escaped the alpha, and he squeezed his hand back.

"You're in the hospital right now, Lix. Is it alright if I take your blindfold off?"

Felix nodded and, a moment later, the blindfold was taken off. He kept his eyes closed for a few seconds before slowly opening them. The first thing he saw was Wooyoung's smiling face, but he then noticed Mingi and San fast asleep on the couch further away. There was another bed to his left, and his heart grew heavy when he found Hongjoong. The older was unconscious, with thick bandages covering almost every inch of skin, and he suddenly felt like crying all over again.

"He's okay. They didn't have the time to do anything," assured softly Wooyoung, rubbing his thumb over Felix's knuckles in an attempt to calm him down. "He's a little beaten up, but he woke up earlier, and the nurses said he'd be able to leave tomorrow, at the latest."

Felix nodded slowly, staring at Hongjoong for a while longer before eventually tearing his eyes away from him. He looked back at Wooyoung and offered an inquisitive stare, tapping his own chest.

"What about you?" Felix nodded, and Wooyoung sighed. "You had a pretty bad concussion, a bruised rib, and a broken wrist but, other than that, your injuries were minor and shouldn't inconvenience you too much."

Felix nodded, mentally noting that this was way less than what he'd suffered from at the hands of his ex. After a moment of silence, Wooyoung let out a shuddering breath, earning his attention.

"You're really strong, you know?" he murmured. "We were so scared when you called... Scared we wouldn't get there in time. And when- when we found you, you were so hurt, but you were still fighting..."

Felix shook his head, lowering his eyes. He hadn't been fighting at all. He'd been too weak for that, that's why Hongjoong was taken in the first place. If he hadn't been there...

He'd surely already be in a pack by now, he thought darkly. He'd be safe and happy, unburdened with an omega that can hardly take care of himself. He wouldn't have gotten hurt at all if I just hadn't been there...

He couldn't impose on Hongjoong any longer. No matter how much he loved the older omega, he couldn't let him get hurt anymore. Hongjoong was the best thing that ever happened to him, and he refused to let him be miserable any longer – even if it meant leaving. Seemingly sensing he wanted to say something, Wooyoung handed him his phone so he could type. Felix's hand was unsteady because it was his right wrist that had been injured so he was forced to use his left, but he eventually managed to type everything he wanted to say.