Let Me Help You (HwaLix)

Pairing: Seonghwa & Felix

Genre: College AU

!!TW!! : angst, bullying, psychological harassment, manipulation, non-con drugs, somewhat disillusioned POV, non-consensual touching, slight memory loss as a side-effect, low self-esteem, self-harm, blood

(requested by @MiJo)

.

.

.

They were sixteen young men forced to share a common living space – it had both its perks and its disadvantages. In terms of perks, there was the chance to socialize and make friends with people who shared similar interests, the lower cost of rent and food, the shared chores, and the weekly group study sessions. In terms of disadvantages, there was the almost complete lack of privacy, the constant noise in the background, the dirty clothes and dishes that just kept on accumulating and, worst of all, being stuck with someone Felix just couldn't get along with.

Out of all of his fifteen dorm-mates, Felix had almost instantly befriended all of them on the first day. He was a social butterfly who liked pleasing people and instigating cuddle fests, and he was just a genuinely caring person by nature, so it was no wonder his bright personality drew people in like moths to a flame.

But, for a reason he couldn't even begin to fathom, Park Seonghwa absolutely hated his guts.

("He doesn't hate you, Lix. I don't think that guy could hate anyone. He's just a little shy, you have to give him a chance," had insisted Minho, his roommate – who also happened to be Seonghwa's best friend.)

Minho didn't get it, no one could get it, really – because Seonghwa didn't show his true colors to anyone but Felix.

Whenever they were with other people, the older man was a sweet as sugar and either avoided interacting with him altogether under the guise of shyness, or he made backhanded comments and hurtful jabs that everyone else passed off as "him being worried about Felix" because Seonghwa was just that awkward and nice. He'd always tell Felix that he should eat better, always commenting about the weight he gained or his puffy cheeks. He'd order food for everyone but "forget" about Felix's share, or he'd cook for the entire dorm but always served Felix the dishes he hated the most.

(Which Seonghwa knew about because Felix did tell him – numerous times. But whenever Felix complained, the others just called him ungrateful and told him to make his own food if he wasn't happy with free, homemade cooking.)

Whenever they were in dance class, he'd comment about Felix being off-beat or needing to work on his flexibility, and he'd always nitpick at everything he did because apparently, nothing Felix did was ever good enough for the red-haired man. And, during their weekly, group study sessions, he'd always "tease" him for needing help, or for not understanding a question because there was a Korean word he couldn't translate, and then he'd act all hurt when Felix rejected his offer to help in favor of asking someone else.

(At which point the others started refusing to help him, saying he should be nicer to the older man and that Seonghwa was just trying to look out for him. So, Felix eventually stopped going to the study sessions altogether, and his grades really suffered from it.)

But that was all when in presence of the other guys.

When alone, it was even worse.

One of Seonghwa's favorite morning routines was to drop by the bathroom Room 5 and Room 6 shared (Felix and Minho in one, Hongjoong and Seonghwa in the other) while Felix was there, and then he'd proceed with cruelly pointing out every single one of Felix's flaws in the fogged-up mirror.