Love Note (HyunLix)

Pairing: Hyunjin & Felix

Genre: Supernatural AU

!!TW!! : past bullying, loneliness, mind control (?), Felix is also in the wrong in this

(requested by @felixnavidaddy)

.

.

.

To say Felix didn't have many friends would be quite the understatement. For as long as he could remember, other children always avoided him. He couldn't say why, really. He tried his hardest to be nice to everyone, but the others apparently found it easier to hate him than befriend him.

Even today, barely past his twenties, Felix was still very much alone. There were a few people he miraculously got along with, like his roommate, or one of his colleagues at work, but he certainly wasn't close enough to either to call them his friends. And, at school, Felix was very much alone. He was too scared to approach others by himself, and he was now notorious for being "the outcast".

(No active bullying this time around, thankfully enough – no one had the time for that. But people ignoring his existence entirely still hurt.)

With nothing better to do, Felix settled for writing. Since he didn't have anyone to talk to, he might as well find another way to express himself, right? So, Felix spent the last few years writing all sorts of stories, snippets, or poems – whatever came to mind, really. He filled one notebook after the other, finding comfort in the sound of the pencil scratching the paper rather than the annoying clicking of a keyboard.

Which led him to now. He had just finished yet another notebook, which he had carefully stored away in a box in his closet with all the others, and he was now looking for a new one. At first, he was quite content with buying the cheapest ones he could find in a general store but, after so much time dedicated to his craft, Felix had developed particular tastes.

He liked notebooks with leather covers, old-fashioned locks, or with pretty designs. They were a little pricier, but they were really beautiful, and so he always made a point of looking for the really unique ones whenever the opportunity arose – and that is how he ended up in an unfamiliar antique shop that he'd accidentally stumbled upon a few weeks back, but never visited until now.

"Oh? It's not often I see such a young face around here."

Felix startled a bit, looking over at the counter, behind which stood a man. He was quite tall, beady eyes almost lost in the greying jungle that were his brows, and he was wearing a somewhat old-fashioned outfit – though, considering the shop he owned, Felix figured it was fitting.

"Hello," he greeted while bowing. "I was wondering if you were selling notebooks?"

"Notebooks?" The man glanced to the door in the back. "I might have something in the storeroom... Come on, let's go take a look together."

A tad curious as to what kind of things were stored in the backroom, Felix followed after the owner with a slight bounce in his step. As soon as he stepped inside, he was a bit taken aback by just how dusty and cramped it all was. It was poorly lit, too, and Felix internally wondered how the owner could find anything in there.

"Tell me, boy, why come here for a notebook? Surely you could find those more easily in a general bookstore than in an antique shop, hm?"

"I like the style of old notebooks," shrugged Felix, feeling a tad self-conscious. "I dunno. It just feels like the notebook itself carries a story other than the ones I write in it... or something like that."