8: Why Her

----------

----------

"What happened last night? Everyone's talking about you and Katherine." said Pansy to Y/N, and to her surprise, the platinum-haired girl was going into a fit of giggles.

"Blaise came in my room and caught me creeping with Katherine." giggled Y/N, clutching the side of her stomach that was hurting slightly from the amount of laughter she was letting out. "Picture this, she was naked and I was banging her on the bathroom floor." she roared with laughter.

"Oh my god." gasped Pansy in disbelief, flickering her eyes behind Y/N, noticing a certain bushy haired girl reading, though her eyes weren't moving at all. "You're an absolute idiot." she sighed.

"It wasn't entirely my fault, she came in my room and offered to help me for the first task." protested Y/N indignantly. "It was an accident or something."

"An accident?" repeated Pansy with a roll of her eyes. "How the bloody hell would it be an accident, it's not like you tripped." she added with a sarcastic laugh.

"Oh don't be a smart arse." huffed Y/N, her grin immediately fading at the sight of Viktor Krum walking in their direction, just walking right past her. She turned around slightly to get a clear view of the Bulgarian boy, knowing who he came for.

Hermione shut her book close and smiled at Viktor, standing up to give him a hug. Y/N's face contorted in slight fury at the bushy haired girls action, though her fury was nothing compared to when she watched Krum's arms circling around her waist, pulling her closer to him, and that was all she needed to see to walk up to them.

"You touch her like that again, and I'll cut your fucking hand and shove it down your throat, you absolute worthless pedophile." scoffed Y/N, pushing the Bulgarian boy.

"You don't have a say in this!" snapped Hermione, turning to the platinum-haired girl as all students left the scene, clearly terrified of the two girls. "Why don't you just go and shag Katherine—"

"What does that have to do with anything?" retaliated Y/N with raised eyebrows, looking down at the bushy haired girl, her stony face softening, realising she looked like in a verge of tears.

"You're a complete idiot! She drugged you and you still forgave her and even shagged her!" spat Hermione, feeling drops of rain pouring down. "And what about me? I don't even know what I've done to break our friendship but you still won't forgive me!"

Y/N's mouth was slightly parted, staying silent as Hermione grasped the platinum-haired girls shirt with both of her hands, having a tight grip on it as she let out a sniffle.

"It's unfair!" yelled Hermione, hanging her head low. "Why her? Why not me?! First you give me hope, then you suddenly crush it for absolutely no reason— and why do you even bother when Viktor touches me!—"

"Because I fucking care about you, goddamnit!" spat Y/N.

Hermione lifted her head, her tears being mixed with the cold rain as she looked up at Y/N with her mouth slightly parted in shock, her lips trembling, her grasp on the girls shirt loosening as they gazed into eachothers eyes, both of their faces replaced with a look of unfamiliar longing.

They had never felt so vulnerable, standing on the soft grass as the rain poured down from the harsh grey sky. Yet, there was an odd sense of comfort and serenity. Both of them silently pleading eachother to let things go back to the way it was supposed to be.

----------

Angry confession is a chef's kiss