13: It's You

----------

----------

"The ball is tonight and you don't even have a date? You're a bloody champion, Y/N!" scolded Pansy from beside Y/N, Draco walking alongside them.

"What happened to Katherine?" questioned Draco with slightly raised eyebrows. "Thought you were going to the ball with her?"

"I asked her out, but she said that a Durmstrang student had already asked her and it'd be quite rude for her to tell him she doesn't wanna go with him anymore." shrugged Y/N, feeling surprisingly unbothered by this fact. "Why the hell are you looking at me like that?" she asked, looking at Pansy who was wearing a rather sly smirk.

"Oh nothing." snickered Pansy in response. "Prepare my galleons, Malfoy, my ship is sailing smoothly." she whispered to Draco, letting out a giggle before turning her attention back to Y/N. "Seriously speaking though, we need to find you a date—"

"Y/N!" called out a voice, the platinum-haired girl hearing quick footsteps approaching them.

"Ced." smiled Y/N, looking up Hufflepuff's Golden Boy. "Need anything?" she asked considerately.

"Just wanted to ask you out to the ball— as friends of course." said Cedric with a nod. "I asked Cho at first but she said she's going with one of her girl friends, so I thought, why don't I go with my favourite Malfoy?" he grinned. "No offence, Draco." he added kindly to the unbothered platinum-haired boy.

"I'd love to." said Y/N, returning the grin. "See you tonight at the Great Hall, yeah?"

----------

"Better stop gaping at me before flies go into your mouth, Diggory." snickered Y/N as Hufflepuff's Golden Boy eyed her up and down, his mouth parted slightly before it curled into a smirk.

"Don't you look dashing." complimented Cedric playfully, extending his arm for the platinum-haired girl to hold.

"Could say the same to you." snickered Y/N, waving at Harry who was walking down the stairs on front of them, that was until her arm fell to her side at the sight of a certain person walking down the stairs, all the air in her lungs were long gone when she took one glance at Hermione. Godric, you couldn't even call her bushy haired girl anymore. Y/N felt like she was experiencing those highly unrealistic dramatic scenes that you'd only see in romantic movies. Hermione turned her head in Y/N's direction, but the girl had already averted her gaze back on her date.

"So who's gaping now?" snickered Cedric with an amused look plastered on his face, Y/N only rolling her eyes playfully in response. "Just enjoy the night, yeah? Promise I'll help." he smiled.