3: Belated Birthday

----------

----------

"C'mon, Har!" shouted Y/N from the stand. "Use your big boy voice!" she yelled, snickering as the raven-haired boy shot her a playful roll of his eyes.

"Shut it!" yelled Ginny, all the talking and murmuring in the field immediately subsiding.

"Oh wow. Didn't know little Weasley had that in her." said Y/N with a mild surprised expression on her face, humming in approvement. "Quite fierce, bit attractive- ow, ow, ow, ow! Have mercy, Hermione!" she whined as she felt the girl pinching her ear, tugging and pulling it along with her head.

"You were complimenting her too much for my own liking." huffed Hermione sternly, turning her attention back onto the field, her stern exprssion being replaced with an anxious one as she watched Ron flying up to the goalpost.

"Hey," chimed Pansy, walking over to them.

"Bet you a hundred galleons that Weasley's gonna make a fool of himself right now." said Y/N to Pansy, earning her a harsh slap on the head from the bushy haired girl. "I was only joking! Oh Salazar, he looks as red as a bludger."

"Don't be rude, he's done nothing to you. He's sweet, kind, and caring." said Hermione, her cheeks turning a shade of red at the suspicious gaze the platinum-haired girl was giving her.

"Anyways," said Pansy awkwardly, feeling the sudden tension between the two girls. "He looks like a bloody troll." she snickered, pointing at a tall boy.

"Why's his hair like that? Did he smother butter all over it?" said Y/N, earning her a fit of laughter from the two girls, Y/N soon lauged along with them. But her own laughter immediately died away as the tall boy looked up at their direction, shooting the bushy haired girl a wink and a deviance smirk.

"Will my hex reach him from here?" queried Y/N seriously, plulling out her wand and aiming it at the tall boys figure. "Might jinx him, would make him look better." she shrugged before a hand pushed her wand hand down to her side, Hermione giving her a small shake of her head.

"I just remembered to give you your birthday gift, my love-"

"You didn't have to get me anything." interrupted Y/N with a frown.

"I knew you'd say that, so I just made something from scratch." said Hermione brightly, pulling out a bracelet from her robe. "It's not much- I just bought the materials from a shop near my house in the muggle world. I-It's fine if you don't like it, it's my first time to-"

"No, shut up I'm gonna wear it forever." interrupted Y/N once more, taking the bracelet from the bushy haired girl and slid it onto her wrist, observing it closely. "H.G? Aren't those your initials?" she asked, her fingers tracing the initials engraved around the bracelet.

"Mhm, and look at mine." said Hermione with a grin, showing the girl her own bracelet on her wrist, Y/N's initials engraved to it as well. "I put a charm on it as well, if you press the initial, it'll heat up on mine and vice versa. It's like a way to communicate when we're not together."

"Brilliant! But what the hell does R.W stand for?" queried Y/N with raised eyebrows, noticing different initials along with hers on the bushy haired girls bracelet.

"Erm...perhaps I just messed it up, I'll fix it afterwards." said Hermione rather quickly.

Pansy was listening close, though her eyes were on the field. And what did she just happen to see? The same exact bracelet Y/N and Hermione had, around Ron's wrist.

----------