13: Betrayal

----------

----------

"I'm evil, Y/N!" spoke Draco, looking at his reflection, his entire body convlusing with each shaky breath he took in and let out. "I can't just kill him- why me?!-"

"Don't act like you're special." interrupted Y/N in a cold tone, rolling her eyes at her brother's overdramatic demeanor. "You're not the only one that has to murder someone."

"And don't act all calm." said Draco stiffly, trying to get his uneven breathing back to normal. "You're going to have to kill her sooner or later. Our parents are going to hold a masquerade ball in our manor, he will be watching from afar. So if you don't kill her on that day, he'll do the job himself." he explained.

Draco didn't recieve any response, only silence. He looked at the reflection, seeing his sister's face exceptionally much more pale than normal, her lips curled into a thin frown.

"I'm not too fussed." admitted Y/N with a small shrug. "I gave her a protection ring, just like the one father gave me. If I can survive the killing curse, then she definitely can handle a simple stab in the chest." she trailed on.

"How does that even work?" queried Draco curiously.

"Well, so basically when I murder Hermione it'll-"

"Murder me?..." chimed a sudden voice, slow footsteps entering the room. The platinum-haired girl never thought that she'd feel her face fall at the sight of her lover. "So that was your plan all along?" she assumed, her voice coming out cold.

"Hermione, you don't understand-" began Y/N, facing the bushy haired girl.

"Don't understand?" repeated Hermione with an icy tone. "Do you know what I don't understand? I don't understand why I ever loved you!" she yelled, taking the platinum-haired girl aback. "Ron was fucking right about you- about everything! You were planning to betray me from the start! I was just a game to you and-"

"You know that's not true, Granger." said Y/N with a shake of her head. "You know that I love you-"

"Don't you dare say that to me ever again!" yelled Hermione, her face turning a shade of red out of fury. "You know what? Take your stupid ring!" she said as she took the ring off her finger, throwing it at Y/N.

"Hermione, wear the ring." said Y/N, her breathing becoming uneven as she tried to give it back, but the bushy haired girl only crossed her arms over her chest. "Just wear the fucking ring, Granger. Please!" she yelled in frustration. And for the first time, she sounded quite terrified and anxious.

Hermione gave one last look at the platinum-haired girl before she turned her back on the girl, already walking out of the room.

The ring was Y/N's one and only chance to save Hermione. But as she processed what happened, all the hope that she had clasped onto had now chipped away.

----------

Yall rlly thought i was gon use the protection ring again and all was gon be good🤨

Yeah nah<33