10: Torn Heart

----------

----------

The rain pattered viciously on the ground as she wandered to her manor, basking in the night sky before a dark shadow stepped out into the dim lighting, Y/N's hand instinctively reaching down into her robe, gripping her wand tightly.

"There's no need for that." spoke Bellatrix's voice as another figure emerged from the darkness, holding an umbrella. "Riddle, take Y/N with you." she instructed.

A girl with short black hair and prominent dark eyes walked towards the platinum-haired girl, holding out her hand. And so with a moment of hesitation, Y/N grabbed hold of it, flying into the unceasing darkness before her ground hit the floor, recognising the familiar surrounding.

"The name's Riddle." spoke the black-haired girl in a dull tone after apparating them to the balcony in Malfoy Manor.

"Riddle? Don't you have a first name?" repeated Y/N with slightly raised eyebrows, walking over to the edge of the balcony, her lips curling into a frown as she recalled memories that happened at the exact same spot.

"The only thing I have in common with him is his last name." pointed out Riddle, her tone icy. "I don't do first name basis." she added, reluctantly walking over to the platinum-haired girl. "These are for you." she said, pulling out over a dozen letters from her pocket, handing them to her.

Y/N's heart sank, yet her face didn't soften as she opened each and every one of them, immediately recognising the familiar handwriting, noticing that it was slightly smudged with tears; It's my fault. Please come back. I miss you, need you. Please. Even just for five more minutes.

"The three of them are trapped down in the chamber." confided the black-haired girl. "What're you doing?" she asked, her dull tone being replaced with a slightly enthusiastic one as she curiously watched the platinum-haired girl.

"Hm? Oh just paper hearts." explained Y/N, forming a small paper heart with one last fold as the black-haired girl grabbrd a piece of paper, trying to copy her. "Used to always do it while drinking butterbeer in Hogsmaede with my...I mean, with people." she finished off.

"Butterbeer?" repeated the black-haired girl with a genuine confused expression on her pale face.

"You're joking, right?" claimed Y/N in utter disbelief. "Have you never visited Hogsmaede? Not even once?" she questioned with a mild surprised expression.

"Not allowed to wander off." explained the black-haired girl with a shrug. "I did it!" she said in an excited tone, holding up her paper heart and flickering her eyes on Y/N's. "Mine is better." she stated proudly with raised eyebrows, daring the girl to disagree with her.

"Not so sure about that." countered Y/N with a small laugh, the two girls letting out a string of giggles as the compared their paper hearts.

"Look, once this is all over, I'll take you around Hogsmaede, alright? My treat." proposed Y/N, her lips curling into a small smile as the black-haired girl looked quite overjoyed.

"Then we can try out butterbeer?" queried the black-haired girl in a hopeful tone rather childishly.

"How about..one of everything?" suggested Y/N. "We could even try sweets from HoneyDukes." she said. The two girls began to list out everything they wanted to do, before the black-haired girl took a deep breath.

"Listen," began the black-haired girl suddenly. "I'll let them out, I've got the key with me." she reluctantly announced. She knew that Y/N could do it herself, but after realising the outcome, she decided to take matters in her own hands.

"But your father?.."

"Tsk. Don't worry about me." said the black-haired girl with a playful roll of her eyes, already taking a few steps away from Y/N. "Let's say this is an exchange. I'll save your girl and then drag you around Hogsmaede." she added with a smirk.

"Done deal." hummed Y/N with a chuckle, the two girls feeling utter contentment.

The black-haired girl turned her back on Y/N, walking away. But she stopped in her tracks. "It's Sae, by the way." she said suddenly. "Sae Riddle. And..before I go, I wanted to thank you."

"Thank me for what?"

"...for showing me that I'm actually capable of loving."

Timeskip

Y/N woke up the next morning on her bed, still a bit tired after she planned out everything that she and Sae would do together. But every shred of hope that she had clasped onto was long gone after she reached out her hand to the nearby desk, grabbing a letter;

Tsk. Looks like you won't have to get dragged by me. Lucky you. P.S mine is better.

It wasn't signed. Her finger traced the small letter, noticing a drop of dried blood on it. And the letter contained..

A torn paper heart.

----------

What if i told yall the next chapter is the end?