2: Amortentia

----------

----------

"Hide that! Why the hell would you even accept?!" scoffed Y/N as Madison lifted her sleeve, revealing the Dark Mark branded on her skin.

"Accept?" repeated Madison with a scowl. "I didn't accept shit! I want to live, I'm too hot to die, thank you very much!" she snapped. "He wants me to find something that belonged to my dads brother-" she began, but her words were cut off as the two girls heard people bickering.

"I don't know where she is, Hermione!" said a voice, the two girls recognising that it belonged to Harry.

"You two should've split months ago!" said another voice, a pang of fury hitting Y/N as she realised it belonged to Ron. "She betrayed you last year! Blimey, she could even be a Death Eater!-"

"One more negative thing about her and I'll shove that piece of sausage up your nose, Ronald Weasley." snapped Hermione, her eyes scanning the Great Hall anxiously.

"Granger!" yelled Y/N, the bushy haired girl turning around in her direction, both of their faces brightening at eachothers sight. "Well don't just stand there." she said playfully, opening her arms wide.

And oh, Hermione didn't need to be told twice. She sprinted so fast to the girl that you would've thought she apparated. "Salazar!" gasped Y/N as she felt arms flunging around her neck and legs wrapping around her waist, a body colliding with hers with so much force that she stumbled backwards.

"Hermione-" began Y/N, but was immediately cut off as she felt hands cupping her face, pulling her into a bruising kiss. Her hands lowered down, supporting the bushy haired girl, the two girls grinning in the kiss, a wave of familiarity and longing wash over them.

"Okay, cut the snogging." said a familiar voice. "Do you mind, Granger? I'd like to lecture your girlfriend for not writing to me." said Pansy.

"Actually, now that you reminded me, I'd like to do the same thing." nodded Hermione.

The bushy haired girl and Pansy looked at the platinum-haired girl devilishly, Y/N only letting out a groan. "These girls are gonna kill me."

----------

"I've prepared a few potions for you to have a look at, just out of interest, you know. Can anyone tell me what this is?" said Professor Slughorn, a cauldron near the Slytherins table.

"It's Veritaserum, a colorless, odorless potion thar forces the drinker to tell the truth," said Hermione instantly.

"Atta girl." mumbled Y/N under her breath, wearing a proud smirk.

"And this one?" queried Professor Slughorn further, indicating to the cauldron near the Gryffindor's table.

"Amortentia!" answered Hermione brightly. "Strongest love potion there is. It's rumoured to smell different to each of us, according to what attracts us! For example I smell...lavender, ink and- cologne." she finished off shyly, her eyes flickering to Y/N, who was wearing a smug, satisfied smirk.

"Lavender, ink and cologne, aye." snickered Pansy, nudging the platinum-haired girls shoulder, the two girls going into a fit of muffled giggles, unable to contain them.

"Oho." said an amused Professor Slughorn, turning his attention to the two girls, Y/N seeing her girlfriend shooting her a stern, warning look. "How about you have a go, Miss Malfoy? Since you find it so amusing." he chuckled.

"Erm..." said Y/N, leaning slightly in the cauldrons direction, sniffing the familiar scent. "Roses, old books and parchment." she said plainly, her eyes flickering onto the smug-looking bushy haired girl.

"Oh shove off." chuckled Y/N quietly.

30 Minutes Later

"Jennie, the hell do you smell in here?" queried Pansy curiously after class, jerking her head in the cauldrons direction.

"I can't smell it," began an annoyed Jennie. "Y/N's cologne is way too strong to the extent it's preventing me from smelling this ruddy thing." she huffed.

"But-" gasped Pansy. "She's literally across the room, and I don't smell her cologne from here either." she said slowly, her eyebrows raised as Jennie's cheeks flushed crimson.

"What- what is she doing?" said Jennie suddenly, watching the couple from across the room, feeling completely and utterly bewildered.

"Y/N...this is too much." said Hermione after the platinum-haired girl had given her a ring, a shiny stone engraved on the centerpiece. "You shouldn't have-"

"Oh but I did." interrupted Y/N with a smirk, the bushy haired girl observing it closely, realising that it was pure diamond. "I want the best for my girl, alright? So do me a favour and keep it with you at all times. It's got a protection charm, done it myself." she explained.

This is what made Jennie confused. Why had Y/N given her a protection ring, despite knowing her plan to kill her lover?

----------