10: Hermione's Help

----------

----------

Hermione didn't know how long she could possibly endure the pain she was receiving just by spending time with Y/N. The two got considerately closer, although Katherine always seemed to tag along wherever they went.

But one of Hermione's wishes came true, and so the two girls are now all alone, sitting at an empty classroom, piling books on their desks.

"Why did you want to read about dragons?" asked Hermione as she sat down.

"My aunt Andromeda wrote to me after I told her my parents didn't write back to me when I told them that someone entered me in the tournament." explained Y/N. "I'm not exactly supposed to talk to her, but I have to admit she's my favourite aunt. Anyways, she told me that the first task would involve dragons." she sighed.

"Dragons?!" repeated Hermione with a small shriek, looking much more terrified than Y/N expected. "I wouldn't expect anything less." she sighed as she opened a book.

The two began to read to comfortable silence. Y/N felt like she was reading so much to the point she lost focus and read the same line for over sixteen times. Feeling exhausted, she leaned back and rubbed her eyes, turning her attention to the bushy haired girl on front of her.

Y/N watched how Hermione's eyebrows furrowed in concentration, she could feel herself quietly laughing as the bushy haired girl scrunched her nose slightly when she began to get annoyed by the book. Adorable, if you ask me.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" questioned Hermione as she looked up, feeling quite self-conscious once more.

"I don't know." responded Y/N shyly, averting her gaze back down on her book. "You're just...you're pretty."

Hermione had never felt her face burning this much. Godric, she looked like a bloody bludger at this point. She cupped her face in attempt to hide her flustered state, feeling the heat radiating off her face as she trapped her bottom lip between her teeth, feeling her stomach and heart doing cartwheels- is that even a thing?

"I- uh. I found something that might help you out." said Hermione, trying to regain herself. "Come and take a look."

Y/N stood up and walked over behind Hermione, placing her arms on either side of the desk and leaning her head forward to the side and tucking a strand of bushy hair behind Hermione's ear to get a clear view of what was written on the book.

Good God, Hermione swore to Merlin that the platinum-haired girl could hear her heart at this point, why the hell did she felt like she was riding one hell of a rollercoaster everytime Y/N was around?

"The- the Conjunctivitis curse." said Hermione with slightly hitched breath, feeling Y/N's breath fanning against her ear. "I thought that it would be a good idea to shoot it at a dragons eye." she explained.

"Bloody brilliant!" said Y/N enthusiastically. In fact, she was filled with so much enthusiasm that she ended up showing it by pressing her lips lightly on the bushy haired girls cheek.

Hermione's eyes widened in shock, feeling as though her heart was about to pump out of her chest, butterflies erupted in her stomach at the quick, yet blissful moment.

Oh my god, did she just kiss me?- heart shut up! I feel like I'm over the moon, god I'm all tingly and jumpy! Y/N Malfoy actually showed me affection. Am I rambling in my head? I feel like I just dipped my face in lava- Merlin, give me strength.

"I'm gonna go and tell my girlfriend- I mean, Katherine!" said Y/N brightly, stepping away from the bushy haired girl. "Thanks for the help!" she said as she dashed out of the classroom.

Hermione never thought that she could feel all her happiness vanish just from one single sentence. All the happiness she felt a few moments ago were long gone. Instead, a tear was now trickling down her cheek, the butterflies in her stomach subsided, her stomach was doing uncomfortable turns instead. Her heart wasn't leaping anymore, she could only feel it constricting as she broke into a sob, all alone.

----------

Fluff and angst🤸‍♀️🤸‍♀️🤸‍♀️ don't attack me I swear an actual kiss is coming