11: The End

----------

----------

"Little Weasley, you called?" said Y/N after she entered the Room of Requirement, holding up her fake gold galleon.

"Mhm. I thought you would've liked to see a certain person." said Ginny with a teasing wink, jerking her head in the bushy haired girls direction.

Y/N turned her head, her eyes immediately being met with the honey-brown pair that were already boring onto her ever since she entered the room. But she only broke the eye contact, her glare not faltering just the slightest.

"Looks like you thought wrong, Gin." said Y/N coolly, hearing a sniffle coming from the bushy haired girl. "Now if you don't mind, I'm leaving and-"

"Can we talk? Just for a little bit?" spoke Hermione with a hopeful tone that the platinum-haired girl couldn't possibly refuse.

"...I'll see you when it's all over." vowed Y/N, though her cold tone still the same. She found her glare almost softening at the sight of the Hermione's beaming smile, completely capturing her attention.

She rushed out of the room, cursing at herself under her breath. She then remembered her small vow, but then a pang of realisation hit her. When would it end? Would she still be alive after everything that would soon happen?

Timeskip

"Harry Potter...is dead!" spoke Lord Voldemort, a loud cheer and cackled lughter being heard from the Death Eaters side.

"Draco, Y/N." hissed Lucius from behind Lord Voldemort, extending his hand to indicate the twins to come over to their side.

Y/N's eyes locked with her brothers, both of them looking quite hesitant, not having a clue on what to do. She gave a non committal shake of her head.

"Stand next to me, Malfoys." ordered Lord Voldemort sternly, raising his wand in a threatening sort of manner. The platinum-haired boy obeyed, but the girl didn't even take a step forward.

"Nah thanks, think I'm alright over here." said Y/N with a wide and very obvious yawn. "Oi! Harold, catch!" she yelled suddenly, throwing her wand at the raven-haired boys direction.

"I owe you, Malfoy!" yelled back Harry as he jumped, catching the wand.

"Shit." cursed Y/N as dozen of spells flew at her, not having a wand to protect herself. Her eyes widened as she spotted a spell about to hit her directly on the chest..

"Protego!"

"Granger!" gasped Y/N as a shield was casted over her, a hand gripping hers tightly. "No- you're going to get targetted even more especially with me." she protested, trying to get her hand out of the girls firm grasp. "Hermione, could you please listen for once I'm trying to fucking protect you!"

"And who's going to protect you?! You can't even protect yourself!" shouted Hermione. "Stop being stubborn and let me just protect you! I don't want you dying on me!"

"Avada Kedavra!" yelled Bellatrix.

Everything seemed to go in slow motion as Y/N watched the Killing Curse being aimed right at the bushy haired girl, and there was nothing that could possibly prevent such a spell.

All except taking the curse yourself. So with a swift movement, Y/N stood on front of Hermione and circled her arms around her waist tightly, locking themselves in their place.

Hermione's eyes widened in shock, too taken aback and way too late to stop the platinum-haired girl. A pang of realisation hit her as she felt Y/N's arms around her waist loosening, her body falling to the floor.

"Wake up! Quick!" urged Hermione as she sat down on the floor, picking Y/N's head up and placing it on her lap, tapping her pale face gently. "C'mon, love. Don't do this go me. Not again. Please!" she shouted.

"Shhhhh.." said Y/N weakly, surprisingly wearing her usual playful smirk. "Just..just let me go in style, alright?" she mused out quietly. "Do me a favour, Granger...just don't forget about me, 'kay?"

"Shut up and stop being an idiot." replied Hermione quickly, looking and searching for any support. "You'll make it out alive- give me a moment I'll- I'll just.." she rambled, her voice fading away as she watched Y/N's entire body fall limp.

She hung her head low, resting it on Y/N's chest, letting out an ear-defeaning scream of pure pain. Sure, she had experienced this before, but the pain didn't lessen, in fact, it only amplified way worse.

"Just wake up, this isn't the time for one of your stupid little jokes!" shouted Hermione through her tears, not caring about the chaotic battlefield around her. "No, no, no! We were supposed to have a future together! We were supposed to survive this and finish school together! What about marriage? You promised!"

She never felt her heart constricting this badly just from Y/N's silence, constricting so bad that she genuinely thought that someone walked up to her and squeezed her heart harshly until it broke to a million pieces.

"Why can't you just have kept your promise?" spoke Hermione with a cracked voice, letting out a sniffle. "Was I just naive? Why can't you just have stayed with me? I'd..I'd give anything to spend five more minutes with you, my love."

"Must I be in love with a complete idiot?" murmured Hermione tearfully. "How could I possibly forget you? How can I forget when my entire memory is you? You're so cruel. I can't live without you."

Was this really their last goodbye? Or perhaps a miracle would happen?

----------

Hey lol im back🧘‍♀️