9: Cheater

----------

----------

People would say that actions speak louder than words. But perhaps, words were enough. Words create sonnets, they could conjure confessions.

Y/N would often keep her mouth shut when it was her turn to wear the locket. She knew that whatever words that would spill from her lips, she wouldn't sugarcoat them one bit. But Ron would often provoke her.

"Favourite food?" said Harry.

"Sausages." replied Ron.

"Good at snogging?"

"Wouldn't know. Perhaps you should ask Hermione- fucking hell! She's murdering me!" gasped Ron, his head shooting backwards as a fist met his face.

"You fucking worthless piece of shit," scowled Y/N as she grabbed hold of the red-haired boys shirt, ignoring Harry's and Hermione's pleads to stop. "Looks like your arm isn't the only thing broken now, aye?" she laughed, throwing yet another punch straight at his nose, a loud crack being heard.

"Go on, hit me." challenged Y/N as Ron lifted his fist to her pale face. "That's what real men do, right Weasley?" she said, a scoff leaving her lips as she felt arms pulling her away from the red-haired boy. "Could you stop fucking defending him?! It's as if what he said was true!"

"Y/N.." began Hermione with a shaky breath, the platinum-haired girl looking down at her in utter disbelief, her face falling. "I decided to drink abit after feeling horribe and guilty when I realised how horrible I must've been to you. We- We were drunk out of our minds! It didn't mean anything, I promise!" she reassured quickly.

"I can't believe that I actually loved you," said Y/N in disbelief, slowly backing away from the bushy haired girl. "You're nothing but a fucking cheater!" she yelled.

"Just trust me-"

"No! Don't use that rubbish on me! I'm not gonna fall for it again!" interrupted Y/N with a scowl. "Enjoy your time with your fucking lover." she scoffed, picking up her bag and throwing the locket off her and onto the floor.

"But- but you're my lover?-"

"Oh yeah? Doesn't feel like it." spat Y/N coldly, walking towards the exit of the tent, feeling a shaky hand grasping her arm firmly. "Let go of me, Granger." she spoke quietly.

"Is this it? After three years?" said Hermione with a sniffle, her voice coming out cracked. "I suppose we aren't meant for eachother after all?"

"...yeah I suppose so." responded Y/N coldly, jerking her arm away from the teary-eyed bushy haired girls grasp. She stepped out of the tent, hearing the girls sobs.

Oh, how wrong they were for believing such nonsense.

Hermione rushed out of the tent, her tears being mixed with the rain, not caring about getting soaked, not caring about how mud sprayed on her with every step she took. She didn't care. She just wanted to find her lover.

She wanted to wake up everyday to that familiar smile, perhaps even just wake up next to the girl. But most importantly, she just wanted to hold onto her lover.

Her lover that she no longer had.

----------

🤪👍