13: Two Fools

----------

----------

"It should be illegal to be that good looking." said Pansy in utter disbelief. "Someone send Malfoy to Azkaban this instant." she said, pointing a finger at Y/N.

"Oi! I'm good looking too!" huffed Madison, checking out her own reflection in a mirror, admiring herself. "I'm smoking." she said suddenly.

"You smoke?!-"

"Smoking hot." continued Madison confidently, completely in awe with herself as she striked countless poses. "This is why I went to the ball alone. Because I just wanna date myself, damn." she sighed.

"Or it's because nobody asked you out to the ball." snickered Y/N, arning her a huff from the girl. "Hey, pretty girl." she smiled as Jennie walked up to her, looking elegant and graceful to nobodys surprise.

"Why're you smiling like that?" queried Y/N curiously as the shorter girl fixed the platinum-haired girls tie, smoothing the small wrinkles.

"You're just...I feel so lucky to have you." mumbled Jennie truthfully, her cheeks turning a shade of red out of embarrassment, but she quickly hid it with her mask. "Let's go then, yeah? It's nearly time." she said quickly, intertwining her hand with Y/N's, the couple making their way to the Great Hall were the masquerade ball was being held.

Y/N wore her white masquerade mask, showing that she was virtuous and of high status. They stepped into the Great Hall, the music already playing, a crowd of people already walking up to the couple, praising and admiring them.

"Save me a dance, alright?" chuckled Y/N to Jennie, who was getting half a dozen requests to dance with her. "It's okay, you can dance with them, I have you all for myself for the rest of the night anyways." she added with a smirk, the girl only rolling her eyes playfully as she placed a quick kiss on the girls lips.

Y/N soon joined the crowd, not recognising anyone, that was only until she spotted a figure laughing in a red dress, completely capturing her attention. She knew who it was, how could she not? She's studied every single of the girls curves, her hair was etched in her brain, she knew who owned that melodious laugh that she adored.

"May I have this dance, princess?" said a voice from behind Hermione. The word 'no' was at the tip of her tongue until she turned around, a breathless gasp leaving her lips. She wasn't supposed to dance with anyone.

But this person wasn't just anyone, so how could she possibly say no?

"I suppose so." replied Hermione shyly, a small giggle leaving her lips as she felt hands gently gripping hr hips, pulling her close, her hands instinctively rose up to the talller girls shoulders.

"You look beautiful in that dress, by the way, the colour suits you." said Y/N. Hermione knew that, of course. Red was Y/N's favourite colour, right? Why else would she wear a red dress?

( I recommend to play Can't Help Falling in Love by Elvis Preley! )

The taller girl was wearing a white masquerade mask, but her grey eyes captured Hermione's attention. She knew who it was, she knew those grey eyes so well, she used to stare in them with no means of returning. But this wasn't how it was supposed to go, right?

𝄞Wise men say Only fools, only fools rush in Oh, but I, but I, I can't help falling love with you𝄞

"You're not supposed to do this, someone might recognise you and tell your parents." said Hermione in a hushed tone. "We can't be like this. It's impossible."

𝄞 Shall I stay? Would it be, would it be a sin? If I can't help falling in love with you 𝄞

"If the whole world was watching, I'd still dance with you." responded Y/N with a deviance smile. "So grab my hand, and dance with me, my lady. Pretend things are okay, we can be souls other than ours, souls with no pain. We can fool our minds, trick the ache into leaving our bodies, even just for a short, blissful moment. We can dance, like two fools in love, two fools with no worries. I may step on your hem, you may step on my shoes, it won't matter. Let me take you away, our pain isn't real, your hand in mine, let us waltz through the night, and pretend it's not impossible."

𝄞 Like a river flows, surely to the sea. Darling, so it goes, some things are meant to be 𝄞

"You make me unstable, you make my body quiver at the mere sight of you. You make my knees go weak, but give me a reason to let them fail me and fall for you again. How would I know you haven't forgotten me yet?" spoke Hermione with raised eyebrows.

𝄞 Take my hand, take my whole life, too
For I can't help falling in love with you 𝄞

"In every song that reaches my ears, a part of you lingers in the chords. A specific melody mimics your presence. I find myself playing it on repeat. In my laugh, I hear a tinge of yours, a melodious laugh that's like a healing medicine to my soul." responded Y/N with a hum. "There's absolutely no way that I could possibly forget you, Hermione Jean Granger. Just trust me."

𝄞 Like a river flows, surely to the sea. Darling, so it goes, some things are meant to be 𝄞

"Then kiss me. Kiss me on front of everyone." challenged Hermione, although she was already going on her tip-toes, as though desperate to meet the girls lips. "Show me that you're ready again. Show me that you love me again."

𝄞 Take my hand, take my whole life, too
For I can't help falling in love with you
For I can't help falling in love with you 𝄞

"...who said I stopped loving you?"

And so at that sentence, their lips collided softly, molding perfectly like a puzzle, a sense of familiarity flowing in the air, along with their love. They swayed in the spot, not caring of the eyes boring onto them, not caring of the gasps being heard, their world disappeared before them as they got lost in the moment, their lips moving slowly, delicately, yet perfectly.

Once Y/N pulled away, her eyes locked with Jennie's from across the room, looking teary-eyed. But the girl simply gave her an encouraging smile, ignoring the tears trickling down her face.

"As long as you're happy with her." mouthed Jennie. And so with that, Y/N averted her gaze down on the shorter girl, and although she was wearing a mask, she could practically see her happiness evident on her face, her honey-brown eyes suddenly filled with light once again, her lips curled into a genuine grin.

So they swayed there, two fools falling more and more in love, if that's even possible. Everything was finally back on track. For now.

----------

Happy?🙄