10: Drunk Confession

( TW: Alcohol Abuse )

----------

"You guys can go get butterbeer, I wanna check out the new club." said Hermione to Ron and Harry as the trio walked around the snowy Hogsmaede.

The two boys bade the bushy haired girl goodbye, not bothering to question her, noticing how distant she's been lately.

Hermione made her way to the club, the snow falling onto her bushy hair, her feet sinking slightly in the snow with every step she took.

She always loved winter, it felt more magical and special. She loved the cold breeze, the warmth she'd recieve from a certain person. But it was just an ordinary winter for her now.

A winter, without the person she desired.

The warmth no longer there, the giggles and laughter long gone. So she walked with her gaze down on the ground, burying her face in her scarf, that once belonged to Y/N, inhaling the lavender scent that still lingered on the fabric.

Hermione walked into the club then surprisingly felt a burning sensation around her wrist, her face brightening up as she heard the familiar melodious laugh. Was Y/N actually calling for her?

She turned around, following the direction were the laughter was coming from. But oh, did her heart sink as the realisation hit her.

She certainly spotted the platinum-haired girl in the middle of the room, surrounded by her friends who were laughing along with her. But Y/N wasn't trying to get Hermione's attention. Jennie was standing beside her, fiddling and playing with the bracelet around the girls wrist.

"Firewhisky, Granger?" said a voice from behind Hermione. "Looks like you needa loosen up a bit." suggested Cormac with a smirk, shoving a bottle to the girls hand.

Hesitantly, the busy haired girl lifted the bottle to her lips, taking several sips, already feeling chills down her spine at the taste. Her body grew hot, her mind began to grow fuzzy, but she still continued to drink. Firewhisky after firewhisky..

"Ah, bit tipsy, Granger?" said Cormac. "How about we go to my dorm?"

"I don't- I..." mumbled Hermione in a low, lazy voice, leaning against the cold wall as the taller boy towered over her.

"Oh come on, a bit of fun won't hurt." smirked Cormac. "Promise that you'll enjoy it- Malfoy!" he sneered, letting out a gasp as the platinum-haired girl entered the scene, shoving him out of the way.

"How dare you try to take advantage of her like this, you absolute fucking worthless piece of shit!" scowled Y/N, throwing a punch straight at the boys face with so much force that his head jolted backwards, a loud crack being heard.

"The next time you attempt to try this shit on her again, I swear to fucking Salazar that your nose won't be the only thing broken." assured Y/N coldly, her lips curling into a satisfied smirk at the sight of Cormac's bloody nose. "Hm, what a makeover. You probably look better now. Now go on, leave." she ordered with raised eyebrows.

Cormac didn't need to be told twice. Once he was out of sight, the platinum-haired girl averted her attention back onto Hermione.

"Granger, that's enough." said Y/N sternly, taking the bottle away from the bushy haired girl, though she only resisted. "Hermione, stop. You don't even drink."

"Don't!" whined Hermione, her grip on the bottle tightening, but the platinum-haired girl managed to take it away from her. She brought her hands up to her bushy hair, grasping it in frustration as she felt her eyes sting.

"Let me drink- let me forget about you.."

So this was Hermione's intention, to forget about her ex lover. But little did she know that the alcohol only dissolved her defenses, her heart now so vulnerable.

"I thought that I could easily forget about you." began Hermione slowly. "Your grey eyes, how they shone under the summer sun..how your hands only looked pretty around my waist. How do you expect me to forget the sunsets we watched, loving kisses that growled with hunger. You're supposed to be easy to forget, but the ghost of your presence always lingers.." she mumbled lazily, flunging her arms around the taller girls neck as she felt her knees giving up on her.

"When you left, you took my ability to love along with you. It's been a month, and I no longer feel an ounce of affection towards anyone." admitted Hermione.

"I was completely lost before I met you. I was convinced that I was alone." she trailed on. "How come you looked at me like I was beautiful, despite all my imperfections and insecurities? I never understood why you looked at me with such love in your eyes. I never understood what you saw in someone like me.."

"Loving you is the only thing I've ever done right in my entire life." confessed Hermione quietly. "I just wished that my love would've been enough to make you stay. I'm sorry.."

And so at that last sentence, Hermione's head fell on Y/N's chest, her eyes fluttering close in exhaustion.

Oh, everybody saw how Y/N looked at the girl in her arms. Such admiration and awe, although they couldn't understand why. They didn't understand why Y/N still discreetly looked out for the bushy haired girl, the girl she unsuccessfully ignored.

She still cared.

----------