12: The End?

----------

----------

"Hey, Granger." spoke Y/N with a soft grin, the bushy haired girl shooting a wide smile in response, her heart leaping.

"You need to let me go now, love." murmured Y/N with a small, encouraging smile, flickering her eyes onto the resurrection stone in the bushy haired girls hand, Hermione's beaming smile immediately falling.

"There's no harm in it though." protested Hermione, her breathing going uneven as the platinum-haired girl only gave a shake of her head.

"C'mon, Granger. It's been a year now." said Y/N with a chuckle. "I don't want you to be miserable just because of me. Go live. Go fall in love again. Go find your soulmate."

"But you're my one and only soulmate, my love." replied Hermione, letting out a shaky laugh as she tried to fight back her tears. "How can I possibly fall in love again? People say that it's bound to happen only once."

"Only once?" repeated Y/N. "Well, luckily you've always been such a rule-breaker." she pointed out. "You know I love you." she added, stepping away from the bushy haired girl

"No- just five more minutes? Please?" requested Hermione hopefully, her hand shaking uncontrollably. "Y/N, please-" she pleaded, reaching out her shaky hand but it only went through the platinum-haired girl. The realisation shredded her heart into pieces, her lover nowhere in sight right after the resurrection stone slipped out of her hand and onto the ground.

"What an absolute idiot.." murmured Hermione tearfully. She stared down at the resurrection stone on the ground, but she chose not to pick it up.

She turned around and averted her gaze down onto Y/N's headstone. Funny thing is, Hermione had often gave her lover flowers depending on her mood. For example, when Y/N was happy, Hermione would give her sunflowers. When she was sad, she'd give her lilacs. When she was sick, she'd give her daisys.

Now, who would've thought that Hermione would soon be laying flowers down next to Y/N's headstone?

Y/N had always been with Hermione through her highest and lowest times. But what pained Hermione's lover the most is that now she could only watch and observe from above.

She sat on the grass, resting her back against the headstone. She then reached her hand into her pocket, pulling out a bottle of pills. She took one and swallowed.

Ironic, isn't it? How 'I love you' turned into 'I hate you', before it turned back into 'I love you' once again. But what did it turn into now?

"I'll join you, my love." whispered Hermione.

After all, Hermione did mention that she couldn't possibly live without her lover, right? And oh, she wasn't lying or talking metaphorically.

"Oh girl it's you that I lie with.." sang Hermione quietly.

The cycle began, and it would only end until she finally joins her lover. And so she fluttered her eyes close, hugging her knees. Sure, she had won and survived The Battle of Hogwarts. But her own battle ended when Y/N left. She was gonna end it all. But it would be worth it...right?

"I'll see you when it's all over."

----------

Mwah