8: You're Enough

----------

----------

"Malfoy! I'm gonna fucking hex you!" shouted Y/N, her supposed-to-be platinum blonde hair was now the colour purple. She was chasing her brother, pointing her wand at his figure, firing hexes and jinxes everywhere through the corridors.

"Shit‐" said Y/N as she accidentally bumped into a girl who was holding a couple books, causing the books to fall to the floor. "Sorry, was just trying to chase an annoying brother." she said quickly, picking them up for the girl, handing it to her.

"It's quite alright." replied the girl, suddenly pulling out her wand from her robe. "I'm not gonna hex you or anything." she giggled. "Come here, I'll fix your hair for you."

Reluctantly, Y/N obeyed. The girl pointed the tip of her wand at Y/N's hair and began to mutter incantations under her breath, her eyebrows furrowing in concentration.

"There, all fixed." she said, shooting the girl a friendly smile. "Erm..my name's Jennie by the way. Jennie Kim of Slytherin." she introduced herself.

"I'm–"

"I know who you are." responded Jennie. "I mean, how could I not? I've been watching you for a while now and‐" she rambled, but immediately shut her mouth close, her cheeks reddening at the information she had just confided Y/N in. "Sorry, that sounded real creepy. I swear I don't usually stalk people or‐"

"Lucky me, I guess?" chuckled Y/N uncertainly, the girl only becoming more flustered, but seemed to grow a bit more comfortable now. "Er– we've got Potions right now, would you like to‐"

"Walk to class with you?" interrupted Jennie, her tone a bit excited, making the platinum-haired girl quite taken aback, but nonetheless, she nodded her head. "I'd love to– I mean, yeah sure, I guess." she said quickly, forcing a laugh to kill all the awkwardness.

The two began to walk alongside eachother, stealing a few glances every once in a while. Personally, Y/N was quite surprised that the girl was a Slytherin. Slytherin's usually had a cold, tough and fierce demeanor, and Jennie seemed to be–

"Get out of my way before I hex you," said Jennie coldly to a tall Gryffindor boy, who merely scowled in response. But at the raise of Jennie's eyebrows, the boy immediately stepped aside, making way for the intimidating Slytherins. "Hm. That's what I thought." she hummed in a satisfied tone.

"How scary," snickered Y/N. "Out of curiosity, how exactly do you know me?" she asked, genuinely confused.

"It's obvious, isn't it?" replied Jennie in a matter-of-fact tone. "You're Y/N Malfoy, everyone knows you. Everyone knows how brilliant you are in quidditch, and how you're on top of every class." she answered. "And it's a no brainer that you're attractive as hell, like you literally take my attention in class–" she rambled, words spilling from her mouth without even thinking. "Oh my god, forget I said that." she said quickly.

"Don't worry about it," said Y/N with a reassuring chuckle. "Top of the class? Nah. It's always my girlfriend‐"

"Girlfriend?" repeated Jennie with slightly raised eyebrows, her lips slowly curling into a frown.

"Yeah." nodded Y/N, her face brightening up at the thought of the bushy haired girl. "Hermione Granger, one hell of a gem, real brilliant–" she rambled, adoring her girlfriend.

Jennie listened to her closely, and in her eyes, she found them an odd pair. Hermione seemed to be your typical good girl, and Y/N had always been a trouble-maker, constantly making a scene anywhere she went. But at this moment, Jennie didn't care as she watched the girl next to her.

Jennie had first saw her in first year, and the girl captured her attention ever since. She had always hoped to walk past eachother and send a polite smile, one that you would think about for the rest of the day. And she finally recieved her wish after four years, she was basically euphoric. But what was she in Y/N's eyes? She was merely just another girl, perhaps just another secret admirer.

They stepped into the classroom, Hermione's eyebrows furrowing with suspicion, her lips curled into a deep frown as she watched her girlfriend conversing happily with yet another girl.

----------

"Who is she?" queried Hermione as the couple sat down on the floor in the Astronomy Tower, the two of them supposed to have a date night. "The girl you walked to class with."

"Her name's Jennie, a house mate and a friend of mine–" began Y/N, but was immediately cut off by the furious bushy haired girl.

"Friend my ass." snapped Hermione in disbelief. "Honestly–"

"Don't even think about starting this rubbish again, why can't you just trust me!–"

"Because I can't help but think of you leaving me for them!" bursted Hermione, looking like in a verge of tears. "They're those picture perfect type of girls with perfect bodies that look like they've been carved by a God! I'm scared, goddamnit! I'm scared that I'm not enough for you, scared that I'm not doing enough!" she confessed, breaking into a sob as she brought her hands to her face, her entire body shaking with each cry she let out.

Arms soon wrapped around her, pulling her in until her back was pressed against a chest.

"You feel like a dream, your smile fills me with hope and your melodious laugh brings me bliss. I adore how the sides of your eyes crinkle slightly when you smile. Your smile is the only one that can take my breath away, the ways your eyes light up with joy, you make everything feel magical." muttered Y/N, craddling the sobbing girl. "You're my feeling of comfort, you remind me of heaven, you're my escape. Please know that you're so fucking beautiful, Hermione. Your beauty goes beyond what you see, you're worth more than you know. You're beautiful, I'll keep repeating those words till you believe it."

"What about the future?" queried Hermione with a sniffle, her eyes becoming tired from the moonlight that was hitting her face. "You know I secretly imagine a future with you. We'd slow dance around an empty room at four in the morning with stupid smiles clinging on our faces. I know that life would never be boring with you around, you make me smile when I forget how to. I'd fall asleep in your arms as always, I don't want anything more but that. Could you...could you promise me that?" she asked, attempting to hide the pleading in her tone, although she proved to be unsuccessful.

"Someday we'll dance around our kitchen with nothing but the streetlights pouring in from the open windows to illuminate our shadows. You know damn well that our feelings won't fade even as we age. I promise to spend the rest of my life with you, the rest of our life falling more and more in love with you." vowed Y/N truthfully. "I'll love you through the darkest days and hold you until the sun rises, my love."

And right now, just at this moment, Hermione couldn't imagine herself with anyone else. No one would match Y/N, not Ron nor anyone. So the couple stayed in their position, relishing the blissful moment.

Oh here they were, talking about their future and love, so gullible, so care-free. Their love was deemed forbidden, and certain obstacles will stand in their way in the future. Unfortunate events might occur, and perhaps neither would get to spend their future together at all.

----------

Yall like the extremely cute spoiler at the end?🤸‍♀️🤸‍♀️🤸‍♀️