5: Prefect Privilege

----------

----------

"I'm transferring to Hogwarts this year, had to study at Beauxbatons when my father was still in Azkaban." said Madison as the lot began to open their mails that they've just recieved.

"I'm a prefect!" squealed Hermione in an excited tone, basically almost jumping around the room in glee.

"Oh wow, what a shocker. Definitely didn't see that coming." snorted Ron, earning him booming laughs from the lot. "How could Gryffindor's Good Girl possibly not get picked to be a prefect?"

"Gryffindor's Good Girl." repeated Y/N with slightly raised eyebrows, her eyes instantly being met with Hermione's, the girl looking quite flustered and shy. The couple averted their gazes on the floor, hiding their guilty grins.

"Hey, love. These are for you." said Hermione to Y/N, handing her the two envelopes that were from Hogwarts. She opened them and read;

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

To Miss Y/N Malfoy
12 Grimmauld Place

Dear Miss Malfoy,
  We are pleased to inform you that you have been selected to serve as Prefect for Slytherin house. Enclosed please find your Prefects badge, which should be worn on your school robes at all times. Congratulations!

Sincerely,
  Severus Snape

Severus Snape
Head of Slytherin House

The other letter contained a badge as well, but instead of it having the letter 'P' for Prefect, it was labelled with the letter 'C', it was also the colour green, representing her house.

"What's that?" asked Ron in a demanding tone, his eyes glinting with envy as he looked through his envelopes again, trying to find a badge like Y/N's.

"Say hello to Slytherin's new Prefect and quidditch captain." said Y/N with a smirk, looking to the side to see Hermione beaming at her, wearing a proud smile.

"Well that's unexpected." said Ron with a slight scoff, the bushy haired girls head turning to his direction, the girl giving him a stern shake of her head. "It is! I mean like who in their right mind would choose her– It's probably favouritism! Prefects have to be–"

"You're not one to talk to, Weasley. Can't talk about something that you aren't." said Y/N coldly, her eyes flickering to Hermione who was giving her a stern look as well. "Nice badge, Har." she said to the raven-haired boy who was examining his own Prefects badge.

"Slytherin captain, aye?" observed Madison. "Dad wants me to break tradition like he did, but I kinda wanna get sorted into Slytherin just to play against Harold." she said as she admired her own reflection on the mirror, ruffling her hair a bit.

"Prefect privileges, hm?" hummed Hermione, scooting herself over to Y/N until their shoulders brushed against eachother. "Prefects bathroom, compartment, and even bedroom.." she said a bit dreamily. "Could find a use for them, don't you think, my love?" she said in barely a whisper.

"Bit eager now, are we?" snickered Y/N, earning her a whine from the bushy haired girl, the girl giving her a fake pout in attempt to persuade her.

"Awh come on, I've been deprived for months and I don't wanna do anything but show my girlfriend how much I've missed her." pouted Hermione playfully, the platinum-haired girl only laughing at the girls childish demeanor. "Oh well, guess I've gotta finish myself off." she huffed, standing up.

"Granger, wait I!–" protested Y/N indignantly. But the bushy haired girl only gave her a sly smirk and a wink before leaving the room.

"I could tell she's a tease." snickered Madison.

"She's outrageously attractive, isn't she?" sighed Y/N.

----------