2: Lies & Excuses

----------

----------

"I thought you said that you were staying at your house? In the muggle world?" queried Y/N after they settled themselves in her room, sitting comfortably on her bed. She looked at Hermione, who was hunging her head rather guiltily, biting down her bottom lip.

"I..." stammered Hermione, her voice coming out a bit faded, loss for words. "You know that I wasn't supposed to tell you about-"

"You didn't have to lie." interrupted Y/N, her voice coming out colder than she had intended it to, making the bushy haired girls head shot up, her guilty expression being replaced with a glare.

"At least I actually tried writing to you." responded Hermione quickly, and rather harshly as she crossed her arms over her chest. "At least I tried checking up on my girlfriend." she added coldly.

"Don't try to change the subject and pin this on me!" snapped a scandalised Y/N.

"Stop making excuses!" snapped back Hermione indignantly, her face growing hot from fury. "Do you even know how worried I've been? Of course you don't! You don't care-!"

"You're not my mother that needs to worry about me every milisecond!" said Y/N angrily with raised eyebrows. "I'm perfectly fine by my own-"

"Well then if that's so, then maybe you don't need me anymore!" interrupted Hermione with a scoff. "Perhaps you don't need this relationship if you're such an independent, self-centered and selfish person!" she yelled.

Y/N opened her mouth, but no words came out. Hermione clapped her hand over her mouth as she realised what she had just said, immediately regretting, feeling a pit of guilt in her stomach. "W-Wait, Y/N- I didn't mean t-that-" she stammered.

"Oh, of course you didn't." responded Y/N in a dangerously calm voice, getting off the bed and walking towards the door, but she was immediately followed by the bushy haired girl. "If that's really what you think of me, then so be it." she spat as she opened the door.

"Y/N- please." pleaded Hermione, grabbing hold of the platinum-haired girls arm in attempt to prevent her from leaving. "You know I didn't mean any of it‐ j-just trust me!‐"

"I'm a bit tired, right now. I'll talk to you tomorrow. Goodnight." mumbled Y/N plainly in a monotone voice, jerking her arm away from the bushy haired girls grasp. She stepped out of the room, closing the door behind her. She stayed still for a moment, hearing Hermione's sobs through the door.

The truth was that Y/N was utterly afraid of becoming too close to Hermione, becoming so close that you can peek through little cracks into her heart. She didn't want to pull her in close enough to see her flaws, because what would happen if Hermione hated them too? She was like a wet washcloth thats been wrung dry. Would her lover be her water, or the calloused hand, wringing her out one last time?

"Stop standing there like an idiot and come with me." said Madison from on front of the platinum-haired girl, nodding her head at her own rooms direction. "Why the hell were you guys so loud? Could've sworn that everyone in the house heard." she snickered as she led them to her room.

"Oh shut up." said Y/N with a playful roll of her eyes, sitting on top of the girls bed, rubbing her eyes in exhaustion.

"Wanna see something sad?" asked Madison, Y/N's eyebrows furrowing in confusion. "Yeah?" responded a bewildered Y/N.

"I'm looking at it." said Madison bluntly, looking Y/N straight in the eye, she couldn't help but feel herself laughing a bit at her own humour. "Okay, okay. Probably not the best time to crack a joke- got it from my dad. But seriously speaking, you look like a lost pup."

"You're the most unhumourus person I have ever had the misfortune to meet." said Y/N. Both girls looked at eachother, their eyebrows raised in a challenging sort of manner. That was only until they soon felt their lips curling into a grin, letting out a fit of laughter.

Their laughter immediately died away as the door opened, the slightly teary-eyed bushy haired girl stepping in. "Can we talk?" asked Hermione, her voice coming out a bit cracked, yet determined. "Please." she added hopefully.

"I'll leave you two alone." said Madison, standing up from the bed, leaving the room and closing the door behind her. Y/N fluttered her eyes close as she let out an exhausted yawn, until she felt someome straddling on her lap, a nose brushing against hers.

She snapped her eyes open, being met with a pair of honey-brown eyes, slightly bloodshot and red, making her lips curl into a deep frown. The couple stayed like this for a few moments, but as the minutes passed, Hermione inched herself closer, and closer.

"Stop it, I'm supposed to be mad at you." mumbled Y/N, both of them wearing stupid goofy grins.

"You know you love me." hummed Hermione, tilting her head slightly, resulting in their lips brushing against eachother. "I'm sorry for what I said and I-"

"Forget about it." interrupted Y/N with a small shake of her head. Godric, just one simple touch made her anger with the bushy haired girl go away. "I despise that I adore you." she sighed.

"Whatever," said Hermione with a grin. "I was thinking..what do you wanna do for your birthday tomorrow?" she asked curiously.

"Nothing," answered Y/N truthfully, though the bushy haired girl only gave her a look of disbelief. "I really don't want anyone to fuss over my birthday. And I also don't want you to buy me anything." she added sternly, earning her a whine of protest.

"Okay, fine." said Hermione in defeat. "How about...a date night?" she suggested slowly. "I just finished reading a book and it had a really cute scenario and all. Just imagine you and I under the stars in a floral meadow..all alone, just the two of us..." she rambled quite dreamily. "We could even read books!- I know the thought probably already bores you out but-"

"It sounds perfect." chimed Y/N. "Honestly, I really don't care as long as I'm with you." she said bluntly.

"I just had a brilliant idea on what to get you for your birthday." said Hermione suddenly.

"I just told you not to-"

"A photograph of me!" snickered Hermione. "Only the best for you, my love." she joked.

"You're unbelievable."

"You know you love me."

----------

Okay so Y/N's birthday could go different ways:

Birthday smut

Or

Cute birthday date

Im still not quite sure which one I'm gonna do so I'll let yall pick

Oh and small reminder that english isn't my first language (bcuz a totally lovely person just dmed me saying that my english is shit and blahblahblah🧘‍♀️)