1-

-mattheo's pov- 

"Alright everyone , quiet down." Dumbledore says , raising his hands in a motion for silence. The great hall goes quiet , and Dumbledore continues.

"Welcome back to an exciting year here at Hogwarts !" I can't help the smile on my lips as I look around the place I call home. Pansy claps loudly while Draco makes an unpleasant face.

"It feels great to see all your pleasant faces again.." He says , trailing off as the double doors spring open , Filch running in, out of breath. Dumbledore frowns ,while the teachers murmur suspiciously. Filch finally marks it to the stand , clutching his side. Dumbledore clears his throat.

"Excuse me." He steps down and hurried whispers are exchanged between the two.

"What d'you reckon they're talking about ?" Pansy asks , her voice high-pitched with excitement. I shrug , showing my evident confusion.

"Someone died." All heads whip towards Crabbe , who's slurping loudly on some pasta.

"What ?"The boy asks , mouth full. Pansy shakes her head , sighing heavily.

"Dumb twat." She groans . Dumbledore starts standing straight again , and a very clear "bring her in." leaves his lips. Filch runs back out, panting heavily as he passes the tables. No one cares enough to laugh at him , everyone stares at Dumbledore impatiently.

"I have just been informed that a new student has arrived on the premises." Whispers fill the air , excited chatter about the new kid.

"New student ?"

"Is this a joke ?"

"What house do you reckon they'll go to ?"

"Brilliant!" Two voices speak together , the voices of whom I believe are Fred and George.

"Please , wizards. Greet her with nice attitudes" Dumbledore says , peering at us over his half moon glasses.

"No need for that , Dumbledore." Our heads whip around , trying to find the source of the voice. When I find her , I frown. She is so...familiar. Her hair is flowing over her shoulders , the locks framing her defined jaw. I've seen this girl before. The way her hips curve , the way she juts her chin out as she walks , the way her steps seem to not make a sound on the tiled floor, I've seen it all before. Maybe i've never seen her , but she looks like someone i knew. I'm sure of it. I just don't remember where and who.

"And you are ?" Dumbledore asks , raising a questioning eyebrow.

"I'm y/n Dolohov." There's a shriek of fear from the gryffindor table , followed by Ron Weasely's squeaky voice.

"Bloody hell." No one seems to notice though.

"Y-Your father is-" Dumbledore stammers and stutters , unable to form a coherent sentence.

"That's right-Antonin Dolohov." People frown and whisper . confused. I just smile , despite the bile in my throat from the memories of my father's past , the name now clear in my head. Of course

-y/n's pov- 

I keep my arms crossed over my chest , hoping no one will notice how I'm shaking-trembling, really. My whole body is tingling with nervousness as I stand there , Dumbledore staring at me through the glass of his crescent shaped glasses.

"Alright , Miss Dolohov. Up on the chair you go." He says , unfazed by my family name. I stay still for a moment , until Dumbledore turns around and says , "Minerva. If you would please get the Sorting Hat." I shakily walk up to the chair and sit down , hands clutching the sides of the chair , the tips of my fingers whitening. The hat is placed on my head , and it springs back to life.

"Hmm.. A Dolohov. Haven't had one of you in some time. Better be... Slytherin !" I sigh heavily and get up , the hat being lifted from my scalp. I make my way to the far end of the table and sit down , away from all the other kids. My eyes flutter closed , my whole body tingling. I breathe out heavily , pinching the bridge of my nose. Thank god

"Alright everyone. Let the feast begin !" The food appears on the table, and i grab my fork,  tucking in. 

---timeskip--

I sit crossed legged on my bed ,staring out of the large window right next to me. The window is  half open , the wind blowing in and onto my face. Droplets of rain fall onto my afec and i pull my jacket tighter around me. I reach for a notebook on the side table and click open the pen. I flip through the pages scribbled with ink , chuckling at myself as i read through the pages. I finally find a plain paper and make a to-do list fro the next day. 

TO DO LIST: 

-go to library 

I stop , pen hovering over the paper. What else can i do except go to the library and search for answers ? About my parents , about my family. About my dad. I sigh heavily and tear out the paper , folding the paper and shoving it in a drawer. I rub at my eyes tiredly , exhaustion crashing over me. I look over at the clock. It's midnight. i reach over and press my thumb to the light switch , the button clicking as the room goes dark. I pull the green covers over my shoulders and nuzzle my head in the pillow , yet i feel no where near tired. I stare at the open window , watching as white light forks its way through the darkness , splitting the sky open and rattling my bones. The crack comes later , echoing through the empty room. I close my eyes , shoulders relaxing as i pull the duvet higher up my arms. Night falls heavier as the sky darkens  and after a time the sandman comes to heavy my lids. I feel the shuttering of my synapses, the quiet lure into sleepiness. As each limb becomes heavy and my heart slows to a more peaceful beat, the comfort of bed calls. My eyes close as a soft sigh escapes my parted lips , the darkness pulling me into it's tight and relentless grasp.