43-

mattheo's pov-

I sit underneath my tree, the wind blowing past me, tickling my cheeks. My knees are tucked up close to my chest, a book resting on my knees, my fingers fumbling with the pages. They're soft under my fingertips, the ink slowly staining my fingers. I run my finger along the side and hiss in a breath as i feel the paper slice my skin.

"Fuck, papercut." I wince, stuffing my finger in my mouth to stop it from bleeding too much. There's the soft crunch of grass and i look up, just enough to see y/n.

"Hey, Riddle." I slip my head phones off of my ears.

"Oh, hey." She sits down next to me, her head resting on my shoulder.

"i finished dress fitting." I grab her hand, fidgeting with her tiny fingers.

"How'd it go ?" She sighs heavily, letting me play around with the joints in her fingers, watching them bend with the slightest press of my thumb.

"It was surprisingly fun.. I found a dress." She looks up at me, beaming. Her face is glowing as she smiles. I cup her cheeks, kissing her nose tenderly. She smiles at me, her cheeks flushing.

"I can't wait to see you in it." I mutter, kissing her nose again. I shake my head.

"You only have to wait until tomorrow night."

y/n's pov-

He chuckles, before puling away. I see his face fall considerably. I cup his cheeks, making him look at me.

"What's wrong ?" He looks up at me as i sit between his knees.

"I just can't stop thinking about the task." My hands fall to my sides. I start fidgeting  with the blades of grass, not even meeting his eye.

"Me neither.. It's totally tripping me out." HIs thumb pushes up my chin. His eyes are so soft, tender and sweet. My heat throbs as his eyes scan my face, trying to make out the emotions on my face.

"You okay ?" I nod, pushing his legs apart and laying in between them, my head resting on his chest.

"I will be when this is all over." I huff out heavily, shaking my head as i look down again.

"I don't wanna die.." I breathe out, trying to keep my lip from quivering. My body is shaking as i hold back sobs. His hands rub my arms as i lean back on him.

"don't think like that.." I breath out heavily, craning my neck around to look at him.

"It's hard not to. I'm scared." He slowly pushes me off of him and grabs my hand, making me turn to look at him. He sighs, tucking a strand of my hair behind my ear.

"I'm not letting my dad hurt you.." He breathes out, eyes fluttering as he stares at me. He licks his lips, running his thumb along my cheek as he leans in. "Wether you go through with it or not, he's not going to touch you." I smile, chuckling. I look at him, his eyes following my every movement, staring at me through his eyelashes.

"Your overprotective side is hot." I smile, reaching up to push away a stray curl from his forehead. I run my fingers through his hair , watching him as she closes his eyes momentarily.

"Well i'm very glad you think so. But i'm serious." He says, holding me close. I nod.

"I know." He pulls me closer, licking his lips. His eyes go dark.

"I swear, y/n. If he even comes close..." His lips are inches away as i stare in his eyes. "I'll fucking kill him."  I pull away from him a little, letting out a sharp chuckle.

"Mattheo-" He cuts me off, shaking his head.

"I will." I grab his hand and slowly stradle his lap as his hand grasps my waist. I let my fingers dig into his hair as my lips find his. He cups both my cheeks, deepening the kiss as I wrap my thighs around his waist. He moves a hand down to the curve of my waist , pushing up my dress and  grabs my thigh. In that kiss is the sweetness of passion, a million loving thoughts condensed into a moment. In the moment of the kiss we are our pure and vulnerable selves. I pull away from him when my lips are red and swollen , and I'm starting to feel dizzy from the lack of breath in my skull. I breathe out heavily as i pull away, panting.

"I love you." I scramble off of him and stare at him, hands planted behind me on the grass.

"What ?" His lips part as he takes a stares at me. He runs his hand on his face repeatedly , mumbling "fuck" under his breath.

What.. just..happened...?