11-

-y/n's pov- 

Hermione slams her copy of the Daily Prophet on the table , the look of deception clear in her eyes. I didn't feel like sitting with the Slytherins , and now i'm starting to regret my choice. 

" i can't BELIEVE you got detention." She rages , and i swear i can see the smoke fuming out of her ears. I shrug helplessly and swallow my breakfast. 

"It's fine. Only two days." I reply , and shove some more food in my mouth. I'm absolutely famished. She huffs. 

"Should've asked Dumbledore." I place my hand before my mouth as i mumble, mouth full , 

" Yeah , Pansy said the same thing." Hermione tilts her head to the side , pursing her lips as she returns to her Daily Prophet.

"Perhaps she was right." I look up, fork sticking in some food, a nasty glare on my face. 

"I'll remember that for next time." Her head shoots up , her eyebrows knotted in worry. 

"You're going to do it again ? Seriously ?" I roll my eyes , chuckling. 

"I was only joking." She frowns. 

"Well that wasn't very funny." No shit Sherlock

"Hermione , you have no sense of humour." i reply , picking at my food , my hunger now gone. She tuts. 

"I do so have a sense of humour."  Ron snorts into his pumpkin juice , the liquid squirting out of his nose unattractively. I snicker as he garbs a towel , wiping at his soggy nose. His ears go red in embarrasement , and he turns away. 

"can you use it more , please ?" I ask , still giggling. She sighs and straightens her posture. 

"Fine." Harry turns towards us , Ron still wiping his nose. 

"Have you guys hear about MacGonagall's required dance class ?" I nod. 

"For the Yule ball." With the towel still pressed to his face , Ron says , 

"Blood hell. I forgot about that." Hermione looks back at me , hand on her neck. 

"You plan to go , y/n ?"I shrug. 

"I don't think so." Hermione shoots a glance over her shoulder. 

"What if somebody asks you ?"  I frown slightly. 

"Then i'll say no. Plus , dances are overrated. You show up  just to get heartbroken at the end of the night." 

-mattheo's pov- 

Does she really expect to be heart broken ? I can hear them all the way to my table. 

"She is right you know." Harry agrees and she fist bumps harry. She looks so pretty. Her hair is cascading down her shoulders , the colour contrasting against the dark blue of her knitted sweater. Her cheeks are rosy ,  her lips pink. Hermione gasps loudly , enough to get everybody's attention. Luckily , it doesn't. 

" What if Mattheo asks you ?" My cheeks go red and i look away. She scoffs. 

"Hermione , turn off your sense of humour right now." She says , laughing. 

"I take it back, don't use  your humour." 

"He probably will." I look over my shoulder to see her slap her forehead comically. 

"Oh Saints ! I've created a monster." Hermione giggles. 

"Okay you lot , i have to go back." I quickly turn around and pick at my food, my cheeks still red. She slumps down next to me , putting her faec in her hands. After some time , she speaks. 

"Are you alright ? You look very .... red." She says , tilting her head to the side. 

"Yeh , yeah , fine." I reply and quickly grab my glass and gulp down my pumpkin juice. I slam it down and grab my stuff. I stalk off , the only thing i can hear is her stiff,

"Okay ?" Followed by a scoff. 

"Such a delight , he is.. As always." She breathes as i walk away.  I clutch my bag tighter and walk out of the Great Hall , sighing heavily. 

I'm a blithering idiot