21-

a/n- this one is really short i'm sorry :>

y/n's pov- 

I toss and turn in bed as sweat beads over my forehead. All i see are bright flashes of light. People dying left and right. Mattheo's dad and mom. Harry Potter's godfather.. And then Mattheo, standing right beside them. I sit up, screaming. My chest is heaving up and down as i comb my hair back, confused. My door bursts open. 

"y/n?" I look up as i pant, my eyes wide. Pansy is standing at the door. I stare back down at my hands, trying to keep them from shaking. Her hand settles on mine. I flinch away from her. 

"hey.. it's just me." I look up at her, and brush my hair back. 

"Holy shit." I breathe out. She grabs my hand in hers as she sits in front of me, the door still hanging open. 

"Are you alright ?" She asks, squeezing my hand affectionately. I nod, still struggling to catch my breath. 

"y-yeah.. I think. Just a b-bad dream." I comb my hair out of the way as she goes still, her eyes settling on my arm. 

"You saw him didn't you ..?" I look up at her, shaking my head as i gulp. 

"What ? Who ?" 

"Voldemort." I stop moving. I stare at her, unable to speak. 

"How..How did you-" 

"I saw him too." She says, looking down as she pulls on a single strand of yarn unravelling from her shirt. I shake my head, pushing the covers off of my body to get some cold air across my warm body. She sits up and pulls up her shirt sleeve, revealing the mark. My heart stutters to a stop, until i suddenly become aware of the tingling, burning sensation on my arm. I look down, and there it is. The mark. 

"We're marked ? Shit." I mutter, rubbing my eyes. Pansy groans. 

"Damn." I get out of bed, pacing back and forth. My head is swarming with thoughts, and i can't focus on one. It's like everytime i get a focus on a thought, it zips away and gets replaced by another. 

"Maybe..maybe the others got it too ?" Pansy shrugs. 

"It's possible.. But if they got it, it's sure they won't tell us about it." I bury my fingers in my hair, tugging at the roots. This isn't happening.. This ISN'T happening.. I stop as an idea comes to mind. A stupid idea, but what choice do i have ? 

"I'll talk to Mattheo.. I mean, it is his dad's mark.. Maybe he knows something ?" I say, nibbling on the skin of my thumb. Pansy nods. 

"Yeah, that's... Good, that's good." I sigh heavily, finally being able to breathe in. 

"Okay.. Okay. In the meanwhile, don't say anything. To anyone." She nods, gulping. 

"Got it." She mimics zipping up her lips. "My lips are sealed." I sit back down on my bed next to her, letting my head fall down into my hands. I sigh heavily, letting relief flow over m.e I can feel the muscles in my body relax. 

"How could this happen.. ? I promised myself i would never-" Pain crashes over me as tears start to fill my eyes. "I promised i wouldn't end up being like my dad. And now-" Pansy shake her head as she vups my cheeks and turns my head to look at hers. 

"Look at me, y/n. You are not your father. You share a family name, sure, but that means nothing. You are a good person. And we're going to figure out how to get rid of that thing on your arm, i swear." I nod, sniffling. 

"Thanks, Pansy."