51-

mattheo's pov-

The panic is growing in my chest. Yes i broke up with her, but she's still the love of my life. I can't just let her die. I want to hold her, to kiss her, to apologise to her. I promised her i would never let my dad hurt her.

"There must be another way." My father shakes his head , stepping in front of her and pointing his wand square at her chest.

"Say goodbye, Mattheo." I shake my head, watching her close her eyes and her body go slightly limp in my mother's grip. She's giving in. She's accepting it. Not on my watch. When the shout of the spell is heard and the bright flash of green light appears, i act without thinking.

Y/n's pov-

"NO!" My eyes fly open, just in time to see Mattheo jump in front of me. My body jerks forward, trying to break out of the grasp of Bellatrix, tears cascading down my cheeks.

"MATTHEO !" I watch as his body collapses to the floor, eyes wide open, staring up at the ceiling. He's not moving. His chest isn't lifting. He's not breathing. I manage to shrug away from Bellatrix and run forward, collapsing on the floor next to him. I cup his cheeks, begging for him to wake up. i shake him slightly, hands tightly cupped on his cheeks.

"Mattheo..?" I whimper, my bottom lip quivering. I shake my head, resting my ear on his chest, trying to find a heartbeat. Nothing. I shake my head again, tears filling up my eyes and blurring my vision. I cup his cheeks again, tucking my hair behind my ear.

"M-Mattheo wake up." I see Bellatrix back away, shaking her head with a small smirk on her face. My heart flies up my throat as i grip his shoulders and shake him away.

"Mattheo ?" Tears are cascading down my cheeks, as i grab his hand bring it up to my lips, kissing his knuckles tenderly. He doesn't move.

"Mattheo ?" I sob again, tugging on his arm, as if that'll wake him. I shake my head, hitting his chest as the tears become too much and too heavy, blurring my vision.

"MATTHEO !" I scream, my voice breaking. I can't lose him. I can't. This isn't happening. I'm going to wake up any second. I take Mattheo's hand and press it to my chest, closing my eyes, taking a few deep breaths. After a minute, i open my eyes, hope in my heart. But nothing. I'm still sitting on the floor, clutching his limp, cold, dead hand. I shake my head leaning forward as i cp his cheek.

"Mattheo, listen to my voice. I love you.. And i need you." I sob. I close my eyes, and his life flashes before my eyes. All of the moments spent together, all the kisses, all the cuddles, all the intimate moments, all the moments spent just sitting next to each other in silence. The first tim we met, the first time we hung out, the fist time we got in trouble, the time he helped me through m panic attack or he time he carried me back to my dorm after i passed out. The time he made me brownies. The time he told me he loved me. The time where he swore to protect me, no matter the cost. The times where i would beg him to stop smoking, the times where we went swimming lat eat night in the lake. The picnics by his tree, the naps taken by the tree, the drawings he showed me, the love he gave me. All of that, slipping away with every second.

"Mattheo, please !" I sob, my voice loud as it echoes around the empty Great Hall. I shake my head, kissing his cold cheeks.

"I love you." I beg. I feel Pansy's hand settle on my shoulder, trying to tear me away.

"Y/n, he's gone." My instincts kick in, and i shove Pansy away, making her drop her wand. I seize my shot and i grip the wand and spring to my feet. I point it at Voldemort and shout the words that took my Mattheo away.

"Avada Kedavara !" I yell, as the burst of light hist his right in the chest and he decomposes in front of our eyes. I turn around, meeting Pansy's wide eyed gaze. Before spotting Ron cradling Hermione in his eyes, shielding her from danger. Pain sprout sin my chest. I had that. I had that, and i threw it all away. I crumple to the floor, crawling back to him. I lay down on the cold floor next to him, creeping close, holding his hand in mine. Pansy sits next to me.

"Y/n, you killed him." i sniffle, running my thumb along Mattheo's hand, laying limp in mine no matter how many times i squeeze it.

"I had to. For him." She sighs, trying to get me to stand up.

"The Death Eaters are gone. Come on, we have to move his body somewhere safe." I don't move, gulping down the knot in my throat. I sit up, cupping his cheek and pressing a kiss to his cold lips, a tear rolling down my cheek and onto his.

"I love you, Mattheo." I mutter, staring in his eyes. I lay my head on his chest and close my eyes, listening for a heart beat..

Even though i know none will come.