40-

theodore's pov-

I walk along the halls, breathing air out heavily. They're empty at this time of day, everyone is out having fun with their friends. My only friend hates my guts, because i beat up the guy she likes. Well, she told me she doesn't like him. But i'm not sure.

"Theo !" I turn around, seeing Hermione run towards me, her cheeks rosy, clealry out of breath. She leans over, hands on her knees as she reaches me, catching her breath.

"y/n wants to see you. She's up in her dorm. She sent me to get you. You're not an easy man to find, i've been looking for an hour." I chuckle, hoisting my bag higher on my shoulder as i starts to slip off

"Oh. Okay. Uh, i'll go see her. Thanks for telling me, Hermione." She nods, gulping heavily, her chest rising at rapid paces.

"No problem." She giggles, her face bright red as she waves me off. I walk away, a determined spring in my step. She wanted to see me. After everything. After i hurt her, after i pulled her away for no reason outside of potions, after every single messed up thing i've done. The second i reach the common room, i don't hesitate and climb the stairs as fast as i can. When i reach her door, i'm out of breath. I knock, and the door opens. She stands there, drying her hair off with a towel. The shirt that she's wearing is baggy and loose, one end of it falling down her arm. She's wearing what muggle's call biker shorts as she dries off her hair in a towel. Her eyes light up slightly as she sees me.

"Theo." She says, stepping out of the way so that i can come in. She closes the door behind me, tossing her towel on a hook on the wall.

"Hey. I heard you wanted to see me ?" She chuckles, sitting on her bed.

"Took you long enough." I smile, shaking my head as it on the chair in front of her.

"yeah, well Hermione's not the best messenger. She said it took her an hour to find me." y/n laughs, shaking her head.

"I kind of figured." I shrug off my coat and clear my throat.

"Well.. i'm here." Her face falls slightly as she tucks her wet hair behind her ears.

"Remember that day you invited me to the Ravenclaw Party ?" She won't look up at me, her fingers playing with the hem of her shirt.

"yeah, i recall." I say, leaning forward, letting my elbows rest on my knees. She clears her throat.

"That same day you told me Mattheo liked me." I blow out a sharp breath, pressing my tongue to my inner cheek.

"You didn't believe me." She chuckles, her cheeks flushing.

"Well, now i definitely do."

"Well, you should've from the beginning. I mean, he's-"

"Mattheo and i are together." She cuts me off. My heart falls into the pit of my stomach. I can't breathe. I stare at her. This isn't happening. He has my girl. The thought of his hands on her body, of him kissing her, holding her.. It makes me sick. I have to hide my face to gulp down the bile rising in my throat. She sighs.

"And.. i'm going with him to the ball." I chuckle, running my hands over my face.

"He's got you wrapped around his finger." I watch as her face falls.

"That's not true-" I scoff, cutting her off.

"It is." I shake my head, leaning back in my chair. She sighs heavily, groaning.

"I'm not doing this out of spite. I'm doing this because it's what i want." I get to my feet, rage boiling in my veins.

"And you expected me to be happy with this ?" I yell. I see her flinch, her body jerking backwards. She nods slowly, breathing out shakily.

"Well..yeah. I care about you, and i want you to be happy for me." I close my eyes, shkaing my head, licking my lips.

"Sorry for yelling." She stands up, wrapping her arms around me.

"It's okay.. Besides, i can admit you kicked his ass at the party. I mean, those punches." I chuckle as she pulls away, her arms still around me.

"I'm a good fighter." She smiles, gently and jokingly shoving at my chest.

"A great one." I purse my lips, breathing out heavily.

"Alright, fine. I'll be happy for you." Her face relaxes and she smiles, throwing her arms around me again.

"Thanks , Theo. You're the best." I smile, tucking a strand of her hair behind her ear as she pulls away.

"I try."

y/n's pov-

I smile at his words, just as the door bursts open and a sweaty faced Hermione bursts in.

"y/n-"

"Mione ?" I chuckle, breaking away from Theo and walking over to my tomato faced friend.

"Harry wants to know if you want to hang out." I chuckle, shaking my head.

"That¨s really nice, but i have plans with Mattheo." Theo clears his throat, grabbing his coat.

"And, that's my cue. Bye y/n." He walks out, closing the door behind him, Hermione collapses on my bed, chest heaving.

"So, you told him ?" I nod, laying down next to her.

"Yep."

"The whole truth ?" I purse my lips. She sits up, looking at me.

"y/n ! What did you say ?"

"I may have bended the truth a little and said that Mattheo was my boyfriend." She groans.

"God, y/n." I shake my head.

"No, it's a good thing." I look at the time on my phone. "Actually, i'm going to talk to him about that now. You just sit tight, don't go anywhere." I walk to the door, and stop, turning to look at her.

"And.. maybe take a shower ?" She throws a pillow at me.

"Oh, get out of here !" I giggle, before running out of the room.