42-

hermione's pov- 

I sit on y/n's bed, fumbling with the edge of her bedsheet. She's in her bathroom, trying on her dresses. I sigh, looking up, eyes scrunching. 

"So, you two are dating ?" She chuckles from the bathroom. 

"Uh, yeah. I guess." I smile to myself, laying down on her bed. 

"How does it feel ?" There's silence. I can hear the ruffling of cloth and zipping as she slips it on. There's a sigh, and she finally speaks. 

"Honestly, it feels nice. Mattheo's like.. everything i've ever wanted." I chuckle, siting up and tucking my hair behind my ear. 

"Well, i'm happy for you. And i'm sure everyone else is as well." She scoffs, her voice muffled. 

"Yeah, i doubt it." There's a heavy sigh, and i can picture the expression on her face. Her lips pursed, her cheeks red, her brows furrowed as she tries not to break out a sweat. I can picture her hands fumbling with the zipper, reaching over her shoulder blades before switching her arms and reaching under her arms, her fingers grazing the small of her back. "Theodore says he's happy for me, but deep down i know he's actually pissed-" She says. There's another groan, and i hear her curse under her breath. I chuckle. 

"The heart wants what it wants." I say. The door clicks open and her voice becomes more clear. 

"You may be right." She steps into view, a bright red dress on her body. It's pretty low cut, the top have of it layered with sequins. The skirt is flowy and falls far past her feet. 

"It's quite gorgeous..." I trail off, head tilting as i take in every detail. Her arms wrap around her, hugging herself. 

"But ?" I purse my lips. 

"It's very bright.. And revealing." She looks down at the low cut edge v cut going almost down to her bellybutton. She chuckles. 

"Yeah. I was worried about that." Her fingers fumble with the folds in her skirt as she sighs heavily. I lick my lips, nodding. 

"Maybe try the black one ?" She nods. 

"Fine." She turns back and walks into the bathroom. There's a moment of silence before her voice comes, muffled behind the door. 

"This one's... actually really nice." I smile, chuckling. 

"You like it ?" I can't see her, but i can imagine the small smile on her lips.

"Yeah. You think Mattheo will like it ?" I can hear the doubt in her voice. I can imagine the way she's chewing on her bottom lip nervously.

"Y/n, he'll like anything if you're in it." I can hear her scoffing chuckle. 

"What about you, Granger ? Did Ron say yes ?" I feel my cheeks going red as pick at the sleeve of my sweater. 

"Uhm... surprisingly yes." There's a moment of silence, and then she says, 

"You don't seem excited about it." I chuckle, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear. 

"I'm actually quite nervous." She chuckles, and i can just see her shaking her head. 

"Hermione, you and Ron are perfect for each other. And i'm positive you'll look marvelous." I chuckle, lips pursing. 

"You think so ?" 

"Absolutely." She steps back out, clearing her throat. 

"Ready ?" 

"Come on out." 

y/n's pov- 

I step out of the bathroom, trying to adjust the sleeves of the dress. The strap hangs on the bottom of my shoulder, trailing all the way down to my wrist. The top of the dress has a heart shaped curve, pressing against my chest. I try my best to make it as little revealing as possible, but nothing works. I walk over to hermione, fingers fumbling with the folds in my dress. The skirt is spreading all around me, making me look like a princess. 

"Wow." I look at myself in the mirror as Hermione steps behind me, placing her chin on my bare shoulder.

"You like it ?" She nods, smiling. 

"You look gorgeous."