46-

y/n's pov-

I run my hands over the skirt of my dress. I stare at myself in the mirror, leaning forward to wipe the excess lipgloss off of my upper lip. I take a step back and look at myself again. I try to fix my hair, fix the fold in my dress or the corseting in my bodice, fix the shin in the highlighter in the corner of my eyes, or fix the eyeshadow on my lid. I groan when i can't find anything else to fix. Right now, i wish i could be in potions class with Mattheo like i was this afternoon. And besides, tonight is the night we start the task. 

"Hermione !" I call. Hermione stumbles out of the bathroom, tripping over her floor length dress, her feet stumbling in her heels, her fingers fumbling as she tries to clasp on her earrings.

"Yeah ?" She replies, looking up at me. Then she goes still, standing up straight , her lips falling open.

"..Wow. You look..."

"Horrible ? Outrageous ? Gruesome ?" She shakes her head, stepping closer to me.

"Amazing. You're breathtaking, y/n." I shake my head, groaning.

"You think ?" She nods, kissing my cheek. She sighs, hugging me from behind as i stare in the mirror for longer. She purses her lips, gently rubbing my arms.

"You ready to go ?" I nod, and she gently start to walk towards the door. She turns back to look at me , her hand on the door.

"You coming ?" I sigh, and stare at myself in the mirror for longer.

"Uh, go on. I'll be there in a second." She sighs, drumming her fingers on the wood.

"Okay, see you there." She says, the feet thudding as she walks away, footsteps fading as she walks away. I stare in the mirror for longer, reaching up and playing with the charm of my necklace. I sigh heavily and let my hand drop.

"Oh, fuck it." I say, before walking out of the room and closing it behind me.

mattheo's pov-

I lean against the boulder, playing with my tie. I can't see y/n anywhere, and im shaking. I can't wait to see her. I want to see her. To take it all in. To see all of her in her pretty dress, to see her twirl and to see her skirt flail around her, to see her smile and to see her cheeks go red with the lack of breath in the her lungs from the excitement of the dancing and the jumping around to the music. I see the Weasley kid and the potter kid walk down the stairs and i take my shot as i hear Ron start to complain about his dress robes.

"Be honest, do i look bad ?" Ron asks, fiddling with the sides of his jacket. Harry groans, rolling his eyes as he straightens his shirt flaps, or whatever they're called.

"You look great." He grumbles, turning to look at his pale faced friend. I shoot my shot and walk forward, clearing my throat. That seems enough to get their attention, and they both look scared. But Professor MacGonnagall steps in, and starts talking to them. After a very short lived conversation, i step forward again.

"Have any of you seen y/n ?" Ron shakes his head fast, and Harry bounces on his heels.

"Not yet." From the corner of my eye, i can see Hermione's head poking out from behind the wall at the top of the stairs. My heart falters to a stop. Hermione means y/n is here. I nod my head towards her and both boys spin around as she starts walking down the stairs. She looks really pretty, in a nice frilly pink dress, her hair done up nicely. Ron leans over to whisper in Harry's ear.

"She looks amazing." He mutters. Hermione giggles as she jumps down the stairs and she grips Harry's arm.

"Wait till you see y/n !"

"Where is she ?" Harry questions. Just then, the crowd goes quiet. Everyone starts to look over at the top of the stairs. I look over, and my heart flies up into my throat. Her hair has been curled and is falling over her shoulders elegantly in a half up half down hairstyle. She's wearing a black dress, with a heart shaped bodice and sleeves that reach the middle of her upper arm and a very flowey skirt. She hikes up the skirt a little as she makes her way down the stairs, her eyes trained on mine. She's blushing, trying to look away but can never really do it. Hermione squeals, clasping her hands together.

"I helped her pick the dress." She boasts, staring at her as she continues to walk cautiously down the hair, her ankles wobbly in her heels. Harry breathes out sharply.

"She looks beautiful." I look over at Harry, giving him a dark glare.

"Watch it, Potter." When i look back over, she's standing next to Hermione, staring at her with a small grin.

"Hermione insisted on going all out." She says, grinning as she rests her head on Hermione's shoulder. I stare at her, lips parted in awe.

"Good idea." I mutter, mesmerised. I can't take my eyes away from her. She's gorgeous. She chuckles, stepping closer to me.

"So.. We gonna stare or party ?" I shake my head, scratching the back of my neck awkwardly. I suck in air through my teeth, trying to not meet her eye line from embarassement.

"Right. Sorry." She cups my cheeks, looking up into my eyes as she forces me to look into hers.

"No apologising. Not tonight." Her hand slips into mine and we walk into the Great Hall. It's snowing, the floor coated with ice that doesn't make you slip. The Christmas trees are peppered with snow, and the air is cold. I can see her start to shiver but she brushes it off as the orchestra starts to play.

"This is so magical." I look over at her, and the look on her face makes me melt. Her face is bright and red as she stares up at the ceiling. She's shining. I place my hand on the small of her back and lean in to speak into her ear.

"You.. wanna dance ?" She looks up at me and smiles.

"Absolutely." I