45-

y/n' pov- 

I drag Mattheo all the way up the courtyard, his hand pressed against my palm. My fingers twine with his as i pull him in closer, his palm rough against mine. Those rough hands are my medication, my heart-song and my light, for that is .... i don't know. I feel bad for not being able to answer.  Love is sweet, yet more as fresh fruit than candy or confectionary. Love is colourful, yet more as summer blooms than the neon lights of frenetic city streets. Love is steady and forgiving, yet more as the wise mother than the servant in chains. Love hears and speaks with the wisdom of the heart, with a sense of the soul of the other. In love we have our "forever home" and it gives us the ability to fly so freely, joyfully returning when each heart calls for the other's touch. I turn to look at him, and he smiles a warm, stomach churning smile. This attraction that i have towards him is everything I ever needed and wanted, and yet in moments I panic all the same. I have almost finished conquering these ghosts, the ones that feel that it is safer to run from you than to you. Yet, in truth, I can't run. I tried. Each time I start to spiral. My steady composure evaporates as if I am a spinning top that needs your hand to stop. I never was emotionally independent, yet in that there is a blessing. I form strong bonds of love. I can be trusted. I will always stay with him. I can only break this kind of attraction to save myself or those I love because doing so almost kills me anyway. So, I'm glad he is so attracted to me too. We walk into the potions class and sit down, Mattheo sitting next to me. Hermione is sitting in front of us , and Harry and Ron are in the back. Mattheo's hand is sitting on my thigh, gently dragging him to me. 

"Let's just go.."He grumbles, kissing my cheek. I shake my head slowly shoving him away. 

"No, Mattheo-" 

"He isn't even here, let's just get out of here.." He mutters, his hand trailing up my thigh, fingers grazing the lace on the side of my underwear. I look over at him, eyes wide as the door slams shut and Snape's footsteps are heard echoing. I push his hand away and stare at him as he walks all the way up to the board and stares down at us from the tip of his nose. 

"Jesus, who pooped in his cereal..?" Mattheo snickers, letting his hand slap against his mouth as he holds it back. 

"It's not time for jokes, Ms Dolohov." Snape snarls, his nose quivering as he stares at me. I sink into my seat. 

"Sorry, Professor Snape." I mutter. Ron leans over and i turn around slightly, lending my ear to him. 

"Scary, that one." He hisses. I roll my eyes. 

"Ron. You're scared of everything." Harry snickers, shaking his head as he picks up his pen. 

"She's absolutely right." I snicker as Ron purses his lips and forwn. 

"You know, some would consider this bullying." Draco snorts form the desk next to mine and leans back in his chair. 

"Pathetic twat." He scoffs. My head shoots over, and i stare at him. 

"Shut up, Draco." Snape's hands clap together, echoing around the room loudly, making us all look around at him. 

"Silence." The class settles down, and Snape clasps his hands behind his back and starts walking around, jutting his crooked nose. "I personally do not think or feel you all deserve a ball.." I lean back in my chair, rubbing my eyes. 

"But... ?" I grumble, looking over at Mattheo. He smiles. 

"But Dumbledore seems to think you o for some reason." I lean over and let my head thud on my book, groaning. 

"Kill me now." Mattheo gently taps my thigh, making me look up. Snape is snarling down at me. i clear my throat, trying to keep my cheeks going red as i look away. He waves his hand, and my book snaps shut. I tear my hand away just in time before it snaps shut on it. I look up at Snape, chest heaving in panic. One second away, and my hand would be crushed under the book. He walks away, footsteps echoing. 

"Bloody hell." Ron breathes out. Hermione spins around to look at me, her face twisted in concern. 

"Maybe you should stop before he takes your dance privileges away." I breathe out heavily, leaning over and placing my chin in my palms, my elbows pressed to the wood of the table. 

"This class is no fun." I stare at the board until a paper bird flies into my lap. I look over at Draco to see him smirking and i can tell it's from him. It unfold it and stare at the words. 'Get Mattheo to save you from class. Since you can't do it yourself.' , it reads. When i look back at him, he raises his eyebrows at me. I lean over, beckoning him with my finger. He leans in, lending me his ear. 

"Or maybe, i could shove my foot up your ass. That would work." He stares at me in shock, leaning back in his seat and backing away from me. I sit back down normally and sigh. When i look over, Mattheo is smirking by my side.  I frown , crossing my arms over my chest. 

"What..?" I mutter. He smirks, leaning in, his hand finding my thigh again. 

"I have never been more attracted to you." He mutters. I frown, lips turning into a pouty smile. 

"Because i yelled at Malfoy ?" He nods, kissing my jawline quickly. 

"Mhm." I shake my head, gently shoving him away. 

"You're unbelievable."