39-

y/n's pov-

I'm marched out of the castle with Hermione looped on my arm and Ron walking next to us, his hands stuffed in his pockets.

"Look, Hermione, i really need to-" She tuts, shaking her head.

"No. Today is the big day."

"Big day ?" She shakes her head, sighing.

"You're finally telling Theo. You've been putting this off for way too long." I chuckle as she leads me further down towards the lake. I can hear Harry and Neville talking. Neville is holding a small frog in his hands. He looks up, water up to his shins, and a wide grin spreads on his lips.

"Hi guys !" He yells out as we walk down the hill and towards the lake. Harry's head pops out from behind the tree as he scrambles to his feet and shuts the book he's holding. I stumble down the hill, Hermione still clutching my arm.

"Hi Neville. Harry." I say, licking my lips. Harry smiles as he stands up and wrap his arms around me.

"Hi y/n. What're you guys doing ?" I sigh , sitting at the river bank and letting my hands dip into the water. It's cold against my finger tips. I look at the horizon, not wanting to focus on the conversation that is happening behind me.

"y/n is going to tell Theo that she's going to the Yule ball with Mattheo." Ron says, sighing heavily. He walks up to the tree and leans against the trunk, closing his eyes. Hermione rolls her eyes.

"Shut up, Ron." Harry snickers, before he sits down next to me. He nudges my shoulder with his own.

"I suppose that will go well." I chuckle, shaking my head.

"I hope so." I breathe out heavily, licking my lips as i push my hair out of the way. Hermione shakes her head as she sits next to me too.

"It's not about him. You must be true." She holds my hand, making me look at her. I shake my head, sighing heavily.

"Not that easy, Mione." She chuckles, shaking her head. She looks at the horizon.

"Let's just hope that goes well and hopefully he isn't angry." I sigh, rubbing my eyes. I groan, letting my head fall on my knees.

"We'll find out sooner or later." Hermione's arm wraps around my shoulders, pulling me in as i let my head rest on her shoulder.

"Just.. make sure you apologise." I scoff, shaking my head.

"For what ?" Harry shrugs, pushing his glasses further up his nose.

"Perhaps.. the fight ?" I scoff, head jerking back in surprise as i purse my lips and frown.

"I didn't punch him in the face." Hermione sighs, pursing her own lips as her hand runs up and down my arm.

"So, make Mattheo apologise." Ron chuckles, fidgeting with his sweater.

"You can't really make her-" Harry sighs, grumbling.

"Well, he is her boyfriend." My eye go wide as i look over at Harry, lips parted. Hermione stammers, shaking her head.

"Uh, i don't think they're dating." I look over at Hermione and the back at Harry. He looks over at me, eye brows rising as he edges me on.

"So.. Are you ?" I shrug, my cheeks going red. I lick my lips, looking out at the horizon, watching as the water glistens under the sun, as if it's peppered with thousands of diamonds, each one of them reflecting the sun light.

"Don't know. We never really clarified it." Hermione sighs, laying down on her back.

"Better figure it out." She sighs. Silence hangs between us before i say,

"Do you guys want to swim ?" They all look at me like i'm crazy as i start to take my shoes off and slip my sweater off of my shoulders. The cold air hits me with a blow, making me shiver as i stand in the grass. Neville, who is sill standing in the water shakes his head.

"I don't think that's a good idea.. The water's pretty cold, you'll get sick." I shrug, smiling as i get closer to the river bank. I chuckle, shaking my head.

"Guess we'll just have to find out." I jump into the water, disappearing under the wet layer, white noise filling my senses. I emerge from the water and push my wet hair out of my face. My clothes are sticking to my body uncomfortably. I laugh at their horrified expressions.

"It's not that bad, i swear. Come on ! Live a little." They all shake their heads, making me chuckle. My eyes roam along the coast of the lake. On one side, Hermione and all the others. On the other side, Mattheo who is sitting at his tree. I want to swim over, but i get taken over bu a fit of shivers. Hermione stands up, running to the edge of the water.

"y/n ? You okay ?" I look up at her as the wind blows past me. I nod, shivering roughly.

"Y-yeah, i think i'm gonna come out now." Hermione holds out her hands, and i grab onto them as she pulls me out. I shudder roughly.

"Probably should not have done that." I shiver, clutching my arms close to my body. Harry tears off his sweater and gives it to me. I slip it over my chest, and strain out the water in my skirt. Hermione giggles.

"You should really learn how to control your impulsive thoughts." I chuckle, bouncing on my legs as i try to warm myself up.

"yeah, yeah. Can we move the 'i told you so' for later and go inside to get warmed up ? i'm freezing my ass off."