26-

y/n's pov-

I walk back to the main hallway with Hermione and Harry, listening to them ramble about how i obviously should go the ball with Mattheo. I roll my eyes and walk over to my locker, flipping it open.

"You should take our advice, y/n." Hermione says as she leans on the wall of lockers, looking over at me. I shake my head, putting my bag n the floor and emptying it. I place my books back in my locker.

"No, i don't think i will." Harry is hovering behind me.

"Come on, y/n. You guys literally fucked. You obviously like each other." I sigh, gripping the side of my locker door.

"Maybe. But i didn't come here for distractions, i came here to find out more about my family. Not a boyfriend." Hermione blows a heavy breath out.

"You are so complicated, y/n." She grumbles, stomping her foot like a stubborn child. I scoff.

"Look who's talking. You won't even ask out Ron." She rolls her eyes, mocking me. Then she smiles and walks over, kissing my cheek.

"We'll see you later okay ?" She grabs Harry's arm to drag him away. When he protests , all she says is, "Come on, Oh Chosen One. We have things to do." I chuckle, looking at the walk away. I lick my lips and sigh, stuffing the last of the things i need in my bag. I close the door to my locker, only to be surprised by Mattheo standing right next to me, hidden behind the locker door this whole time. I jump as he smirks, a look that makes my insides churn. I sigh heavily and look at him.

"Yes ?" He clears his throat, looking down.

"So.. we're not gonna talk about it ?" I sigh, crossing my arms over my chest, licking my lips.

"I wasn't planning on it. I don't wanna make things awkward." He chuckles, shrugging.

"i totally get it." Then he takes a deep breath and closes his eyes momentarily before continuing.

"I know we aren't together... but i would love it if you could go to the Yule Ball with me." He pulls a small box out of his pocket and hands it to me. I smile, chuckling.

"What's this ?" I crack it open , and spot the mushy brown cover of brownies. I chuckle.

"You made me brownies ?" He smiles, leaning on the locker. That smiles makes my insides churn. It makes me want to hold him close and kiss him all over and never let him go. I smile, my cheeks flushing.

"That's really sweet of you." He smiles, inching closer.

"So.. the ball ?" I look at him and my lips part as i sigh heavily.

"But.. What about Astoria ?" He tucks a strand of hair behind my ear, his eyes scanning my face softly.

"She's obsessed with Draco. She'll be fine." I smile, grabbing his hand and softly tearing it away from my cheek.

"Can i think about it ?" He nods, gently running his thumb along my knuckles.

"Yeah. Take all the time you need." He leans in, taking a step forward, his hand flying up to cup my cheek. HIs lips are inches away when i put my palm on his chest. I step backwards, closing my eyes.

"Have you.." He takes a step back.

"Found answers ?" He says, his lips pursing. I shake my head.

"Uh, no. Slept with Greengrass." He smiles, biting his bottom lip.

"No, and i won't." I look at him, frowning.

"Why ? I'm just curious." he breathes out heavily through his nose. He looks at me, his lips parted, his chest heaving.

"...Because she's not you." I smile, trying to hard the evident blush rising in my cheeks.

"Thanks." Before i can register what i'm doing, i cup his cheek and pull him forward, pecking his lips softly. His hands spread on my waist, and i shrink into his chest, my arms looping around his neck. His hands trail up to push on the small of my back, before i inevitably pull away, staring at him, breathlessly. I step away from him and clear my throat, my cheeks flushing as i turn on my heels and walk away. I can feel his eyes on me as i walk away, making me smile.

mattheo's pov-

I watch her as she walks away, my lips still lingering with her kiss.

"You're welcome." I mutter as i stare at her. She looked gorgeous today, the wind having pinched her cheeks rosy, her lips nice and round, her eyes always beautiful. There's a poke on my shoulder. When i turn around, Pansy is standing in front of me.

"Oh my god. Were you.. kissing y/n ?" My eyes go wide as i rub the back of my neck.

"Uh, no, i-" She hits my chest playfully.

"You so were. Good for you, Riddle." I chuckle.

"Thanks." I look over her shoulder, licking my lips. "What class do you have ?" She grumbles, rolling her eyes.

"I have Muggle Studies."

"Bleh." I mumble. "Wanna skip ?" She shakes her head.

"I can't. I'm already failing." I sigh and pull out my sketch book.

"What a shame.. I had so many drawings to show you." Her eyes light up. She grabs my arm.

"Screw Muggle Studies, i'll just have Hermione tutor me later."