6-

-pansy's pov- 

y/n sighs heavily , slamming down a dusty old book. Dust flies in her face. Her head jerks backwards , her hand swatting at the air in front of her face as she coughs. 

"You-" She sputters."You found anything ?" I glance back at my book , trailing my finger tip over the ink. 

"Dolohov was a major follower of Voldemort an-" She cuts me off , sighing deeply and laying back in her chair. 

"I meant anything we didn't already know." I sigh , closing my book and pushing it back in place on the bookshelf. 

"Oh , right. No. I haven't found anything." I say , looking at her as i purse my lips slightly. She groans and rubs her eyes. 

"This is insane. This school is all about wizards and magic.." She grunts , raising her feet up on the table and looking at me with a pitying look. I walk over and place my hands on her shoulders. 

"But there's not a single thing about my family." Her cheek flops on my hand , her eyes closing. 

"Maybe it's just cause Dolohov was just a follower." I say , gently massaging her shoulders. She sighs in relief and after a while i pull away. She flicks a pen in between her fingers. 

"Yeah , but so were the Malfoys , the Black family and Bellatrix , but they're all over here." She says , turning to look at me as she descends her feet from the desk and places her elbows on her knees.  I smile , crossing my arms over my chest as i lean back on the table. 

"Try asking their kids then. I'm sure they know something." She scoffs. 

"No way! Malfoy's dumb as a rock. And Mattheo is irritating." Something in her gaze tells me she's doesn't entirely believe that Mattheo part , but i brush it off. I nod. 

"True. Perhaps there's a restricted section in the school." Her ears seem to prick up at the thought . She sits up straight. 

"Restricted where ?" I shrug , lips pursed , eyebrows raised. 

"Ask Dumbledore." Her face falls , and she slumps back in her chair. 

"No, he'll think i'm up to something and kick me out." I raise a questioning eyebrow. 

"Are you up to something ?" I ask , pushing off the table and jumping up to sit on the one in front of her , legs crossed. She frowns , shaking her head. 

"Absolutely not. I'm just tired of wondering about my family past." My phone dings in my pocket. I pull it out , clicking it on. 

-𝙼𝙰𝚃𝚃𝙷𝙴𝙾/ 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕𝚘𝚠 𝚝𝚛𝚎𝚎. 𝚝𝚠𝚘 𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚞𝚝𝚎𝚜. I sigh. 

"Well , i have to go. But it'll never hurt to ask the boys. They must know a thing or two." I say , grabbing my bag. She huffs . 

"You're probably right." She raises. her arms in defeat. 

"And who better to ask than the son of Voldemort himself ?" She says , head tilting , eyes rolling. I chuckle. 

"That's the spirit." I say , patting her shoulder as i walk away. 

--timeskip-- 

"What the hell , Mattheo ?" I yell , storming to the willow tree. 

"I was working with y/n ! You couldn't have waited an hour ?" He stands up , pushing his notebook back in his bag. 

"I'm sorry , i just-" He rubs his palm against the nape of his neck. He looks battered down , tired , nervous. His hands are shaky , his cheeks red. I've never seen hm this way. 

"Holy shit. Are you okay ?" He sighs , rubbing his eyes. 

"I'm going to tell you something ,but you need to promise not to overreact." At this rate , my heart is beating out of my chest , the suspense gnawing at me. 

"Okay , you're creeping me out." He sighs heavily before muttering. 

"What ? Mattheo you have to speak up because i may be a witch but i don't have extra sensitive hearing-" 

"I think i have a thing for y/n , okay !" He cuts me off , his voice cutting through the wind. My mouth hangs open. 

"I knew it." I peep. 

"I FUCKING KNEW IT ! HOLY FUCK- I KNEW THIS WOULD HAPPEN !" I say , jumping around. 

"Will you lower your fucking voice !" He hisses , reaching over and clamping his hand over my mouth. I smile beneath his palm and he pulls it away , sucking in air through gritted teeth. 

"Stop that." 

"I told you so." His lips purse as he flutters his hand in the air , dismissing the subject. 

"Yea yea. Go ahead , get it all out." But before i can start he adds, "Quietly." 

" 'oH , nO, i dOn't LiKe tHe NeW GiRl '. When will you ever stop lying to yourself ? " I chortle. 

"Like honestly , Riddle. You are unbelievable . I told you so. I FUCKING TOLD YOU SO ! HA!" 

"Alright you got it out fo your system ?" His cheeks are flushed , clearly embarrassed. 

"Yeah okay , i'm done." I purse my lips , the snickers still escaping no matter how hard i hold them back.

"No you're not."

"Okay i'm not!" 

-mattheo's pov- 

Pansy's asleep near the lake , my jacket  draped over her shoulders. Even though she pisses me off , she's my best-friend. Deep breaths are heard over the scratching of pen on paper , my pen sketching away. 

"Just show me !" I slammed the notebook shut. 

"No." She pouted , crossing her arms over her chest. 

"Oh come on , Pans. You know i don't show anyone my drawings." She didn't respond , turning her head to the side to ignore me. 

"Seriously ? Silent treatment ?" She still didn't answer so i went back to my notebook , sketching away. After a while , i turned the book towards her. 

"Look." She side-eyed the notebook, before snatching it in her hands and staring up at me , her mouth pulled into a grin. 

"Is that...me ?" She asked , smiling so broadly. On the notebook is sketched a very clear pansy , lip sticking out, brows furrowed, her noses scrunched up. Her skirt is spread over her folded knees , her feet tucked under her skirt , the hem of her socks barely visible. 

"I love it ! Thank you !" She flung her arms around my neck. I had stopped , confused by the sudden affection. I grew up with a mother in Azkaban and the other dead. I didn't know affection. After a while hugged her back. I was fourteen , and i had never experienced a hug. She kept on ranting on how much she loved the drawing , and eventually i tore the paper out and gave it to her , folding it carefully. 

I run my fingers along the jagged torn out pieces of where the paper once was , smiling to myself as i glance back at Pansy. That was two years ago. If i'm correct , she still has the drawing hung over her head board. She stirs , and i reach over , putting a hand on her shoulder. She rubs her eyes with the back of her hand. 

"How long was i out ?" 

"Not long." I say , smiling down at her before patting her head. She smiles. 

"Are you drawing again ?" I nod and without think say, "Yeah. Do you want to see ?" She sits up. Her whole body tenses as she stares at me. 

"You're letting me see your drawings ?" 

"Not-Not all of them. Just this o-one." I say , handing her the notebook nervously. Before i can stop her though , she flicks through the pages , stopping on a page. 

"Is that.. y/n ?" I feel my cheeks go red and i gently snatch the book away , stuffing it my bag and getting to my feet. I hold out my hand for her. 

"Come on. We have Transfiguration." My stomach jolts at the thought , because i know she'll be there. 

y/n.