18-

y/n's pov- 

I sit in the common room with Draco , Blaise and Pansy. The room is eerily quiet as i twiddle my thumbs around. At the slightest noise in the stairs, my head spins around to stare at the anxious first years making their way down, hoping to see Mattheo. After the fifth time, i sigh heavily, blowing out air through my open lips. 

"So, no Theo then ?" Draco sighs, twirling his rings around on his finger. 

"He's probably out picking colors for his suit for the ball." I suck in a heavy breath and nod. 

"You guys heard about that.." Blaise chuckles. 

"Everybody has." Pansy nudges me slightly. 

"Theodore over Mattheo ?" She says, snickering slightly. I shove her off, smiling. Draco scoffs. 

"yeah. might as well have gone with me." My body goes still. I scoff judgingly and look him up and down. 

"I'd rather die, Malfoy. Dead. In a grave. Trust me, that's never happening." Blais snickers, tilting his head to the side. Draco balls his hands into fists on his knees. 

"Amused, Blaise ?" Draco looks over at me, holding his chin high. "That Theodore won't even sit with us. Why bother go to the ball with him at all ?" I cross my arms over my chest as i lean my head on Pansy's shoulder. 

"Malfoy, if it wasn't for Pansy i wouldn't sit with you either." My head snaps back in a split second as i hear feet thumping down the stairs. It's Mattheo. A slit is going straight through his nose, his face void of expression. I watch him as he walks over to the couch where Blaise is sitting and settles down next to him. Pansy nudges me in the ribs. 

"You're blushing." She hisses. My eyes widen as i look over at her, shaking my head. Sure , i liked him. But now.. i'm not so sure.  

"Shut up." I grit out, as Draco sighs disappointedly. 

"Look who finally showed up." I slap my hands on my knees as i prepare myself to get up. 

"Now i finally have a good reason to not want to sit here. " Mattheo rolls his eyes at me. Draco scoffs, before nodding at Mattheo. 

"Seems like you finally got Astoria off of my back." I pout at him. 

"Aw, Draco. You don't like it when your puppy follows you around ?" His cheeks go red as he bites the inside of his cheek and mutters, "Shut up." Mattheo leans back, legs spreading as he rubs his eyes.  His shirt hikes up sightly, showing the barest trace of his chest. I have to force myself to look away. 

"Well i can understand why now." Blaise nudges him. 

"What'd she do ?" I lean over to Pansy. 

"Probably blabber about Draco every five minutes." She giggles, snorting. Mattheo looks over, lips pursed. 

"Try 2." I snicker at his statement. Pansy rolls her eyes. 

"If she bothers you, why go with her ?" My heart is tugging at my heartstrings as i lean over and say, 

"Yeah, Mattheo. Why go with her ?" He sits up , looking me dead in the eyes. 

"Despite all that talk, she's an incredible kisser." My heart splinters. Mt stomach is tying up in knots as i try to stop the bile rise up in my throat. 

"Gross." Pansy gross. 

"What a h0e." I sigh, leaning back. Mattheo looks at me, eyebrows raising. 

"Wow." he chuckles. I look up at him. "You're one to talk." He breathes out, and my heart shatters. I stand up and storm off , up the stairs and into my dorm. I slam the door behind me. 

mattheo's pov-

"Wow. Good going, asshat." Pansy grumbles. I rub my eyes, groaning. 

"That was too far, man." Blaise mutters. I get to my feet, finding myself chasing after her. I climb the stairs two at a time, but when i find myself at her door, i can't bring myself to knock. 

"For fucks sake." I grit out, my fist hovering over the wooden material. I can hear her sniffling and cursing under her breath. I press my ear to her door. 

"Fucking asshole." She mutters, her voice muffled. " I can't believe him ! He's toying with my feelings and i don't know how to react or do." She sobs, her breath wavering. It makes my heart break. And then, another voice, electronic as if on speaker phone. It's Hermione. 

"I'm sorry, y/n. Why don't you come to our common room ? We can talk and have a girls movie night ?" She sniffles. 

"Yeah, okay. I'll be there soon." There's a soft sigh as she hangs up.  Then she's walking towards the door. And i don't have enough time to hide- 

The door opens. I stare at her, she stares at me. Her eyes are red and puffy, her breaths shaky. 

"y/n-" I start, my voice soft. She pushes past me, ignoring me. She wipes her nose on her sleeve, making her way down the stairs. 

"Y/n, please, i'm sorry. I didn't mean it." I say as i chase after her. She's shaking her head, sniffling. It breaks my heart. It reminds of how broken and hurt she was yesterday. Of how she was sitting on the floor, sobbing, her whole body shaking. I get close enough to grab her arm as we enter the common room. 

"Y/n-" She spins around and tears herself away, before her hand comes up and collides with my cheek. There's a loud series of gasps as she stares at me, letting go of a shuddering breath. 

"Y/n, please." She shakes her head, saying nothing. She turns around, walking towards the entryway. 

"Y/n ! Please ! I'm sorry !" The door slams, and silence settles into the common room. 

"Damn, riddle. You fucked up.. Big time." My shoulders feel like they're being weighed down by rocks as i stare at the door. There's a soft weight on my arm. 

"Mattheo ?" I look over to see Pansy. I shake my head as i back away, before running up the stairs and pushing open the door to my dorm. I close my eyes as i dig my fingers into my hair, fists tugging at my roots. 

How the hell do i fuck up  every single time ?!