23-

y/n's pov- 

When i wake up, i'm confused. I'm in my bed and Mattheo is sitting next to me. He is staring at me, his elbows resting on his knees. 

"y/n. Oh thank god." he says, scrambling to his feet as he helps me get up. I groan, half awake. 

"I have to go, okay ? But i'll be back. I swear, okay ? Pansy's downstairs and-" 

"What ?" I mutter, rubbing my eyes, trying to calm my beating heart. 

"I'm gonna go find out what i can about the mark.. I'll uh- I'll be back." He says, before storming out of the room. I stare at him, confused. I get out of bed, tossing the sheets off of my body. I wrap a jacket around my shoulders and make my way downstairs. Pansy chuckles. 

"Hey ! Look who finally decided to join us." I roll my eyes. 

"Shut up." I grumble, rubbing my eyes tiredly. I slump down next to her, and i don't even notice the time passing by.  The Clock ticking is making my brain go fuzzy , and multiple people pass by over the hours. The sun has started to come down, the clock handles ticking excrutiatingly slow.  I get snapped back to reality when Draco storms in. 

"Where the hell is Mattheo ?!" He exclaims, slumping in the seat next to Pansy and I. 

"Looking for answers about the mark." I breathe out. I try my best not to close my eyes, because every time i close my eyes, i just see Mattheo sitting next to me, staring at me  and it's making my stomach knot.. In a way i never want it to. 

"Maybe he did do it." Draco grumbles. Pansy frowns, scoffing. 

"He wouldn't do that to us, Malfoy." I pinch the bridge of my nose. 

"i have to agree." Draco rolls his eyes, slouching in his chair. 

"Wouldn't put it past him." I roll my eyes, leaning my head on Pansy's shoulder. She wraps her arm around my shoulder and i let my eyes close, lips parting as i try to focus on the heavy breaths leaving her lips. My eyes open again when i hear the soft thudding of footsteps. 

"You're slow." Draco mutters, as Mattheo sits down across of him. His eyes find mine, and my heart stops. I frown at Draco. 

"Shut up, Malfoy." I look over at Mattheo as i yawn, shrinking in Pansy's arms. 

"Find anything ?" I ask, licking my lips. He sighs, looking over at me. 

"The Dark mark was used was used for my dad to make reinforcements. Even when he..died.. the mark didn't go away." I look at him, and i gulp heavily. Blaise nods, letting his hands fall on his lap. 

"So, we're screwed ?" Mattheo nods, blowing air in his cheeks as his lips purse. 

"Pretty much, yeah." I let my head fall back on the couch, whining. 

"This is exactly what i was scared of." I mutter, my hand fluttering over my arm. I sit up, rubbing my eyes. I look over at Pansy, shaking my head. 

"I don't wanna be him." I whisper, my eyes pleading. Draco chuckles, shrugging, making me look over at him. 

"Like father like daughter, right ?" I stare at him, my lips parting. I try to fight the tears rising up in my eyes. 

"Says the one who's scared of his father." Mattheo retaliates , his hands balled into fists. "You have major daddy issues, Malfoy. Figure out your own problems before attacking someone else's okay ?" Blaise chuckles as we all start to snicker. I look over at Mattheo and his eyes drift over to me. I nod, and mouth 'Thank you' , and he gives me a small smile.  Draco huffs out heavily. 

"What a sense of humour you all have." I cross my arms over my chest. 

"Oh, absolutely." Mattheo chuckles, looking over at me. Pansy sighs, nodding slowly. 

"Okay so.. What do we do now ?" Mattheo sighs, rubbing his eyes. 

"Playing it cool , i guess ? Act cool." I chuckle, letting my hand rest over my mark. 

"How are we supposed to act cool when we have the dark arm on our arms." Mattheo shrugs 

"Act like it's not there." He says. 

mattheo's pov- 

After a couple of minutes of sitting there in silence, i get to my feet and say, 

"Okay, uh, i'm gonna go to the library.. I need to study." I say, clearing my throat. y/n gets to her feet. 

"Uh, yeah me too." I look at her, my heart thumping. My lips part as she walks over to me and start walking towards the door, before she turns back to look at me. 

"You comin ?" She says, a small smile on her lips. I nod, stuffing my hands in my pockets. We walk outside of the common room, and we start walking down the hall. Silence hangs between us. I look over at her. She looks tired, her eyes heavy. Despite looking tired, she still manages to look gorgeous. She looks like an angel, her skin glowy and her hair tied back clumsily, strands of hair falling before her eyes. She's so much shorter than me, her head a little above my elbow. She's looking ahead, her eyes scanning the halls as we walk by. Hurried kids going to class push past us. Out of nowhere, she grabs my arm and pulls me aside. 

"y/n ?" I look down at her, my body pressed to hers as we hide in a broom closet. She sighs, letting her head fall in her hands. She looks up at me. 

"i just wanna thank you, for helping me yesterday." I look down at her, my lips parted. 

"Oh that's , not a big deal.. I owed you one, i was a real ass." She looks up at me again, chuckling. 

"yeah.. you were." I chuckle, running my hand over my face. She so painfully close, her chest pressed to mine, I can feel her breaths against my skin. Silence hangs un between us, until a strand of hair falls before her eyes. I push her hair behind her ear, making her eyes snap up to look at me. 

"You're ..a good friend, Mattheo." I smile, before squeezing out of the broom closet. I look back at her, nodding. 

"Yeah. Thanks." I turn away, walking towards the showers.  I need to wash myself away from this stench of friendzone.

Good friend. 

Only a friend. 

Just a friend. 

That's it. 

When i reach the showers, i sit on the floor for a good hour, thinking, before actually getting into the showers.