37-

y/n's pov- 

We walk into class, Mattheo nudging me. 

"Ah, y/n and Mattheo. Join us, join us." I look over at Professor Slughorn, and look back at Mattheo. 

"Sorry we're late, professor." I say, looking over at Mattheo. He chuckles. 

"My bad." Professor Slughorn clears his throat, looking away. 

"That's quite alright. Come, sit." I walk towards Pansy and Hermione, sitting in the seat they kept for me. I watch Mattheo as he goes over to sit in his corner. He smirks at me, licking his lips , looking me up and down. I look away, catching my breath. Hermione leans over, putting her book down. 

"Where have you been ?" She hisses, tucking her hair behind her ears. Pansy leans over but quickly jerks back. 

"Why do you smell like a dirty old janitor's closet ?" I look over at Pansy, smirking. I scratch the back of my neck. 

"Uh, i was uh.." My eyes drift over to Mattheo, who is chewing on the cap of his bullet pen as he stares at me.  "I was making my own love potion." Pansy grimaces. 

"Ugh. Ew. TMI." Hermione rolls her eyes. 

"Gross." She breathes out. Professor clears his throat. He clasps his hands together, taking a step forward and gesturing to the steaming cauldron's in front of us. 

"Today, we are testing Amortentia. Any ideas as to what it does ?" Hermione's hand shoots up, and i chuckle.

"Classic Granger." I chuckle. She looks over, an offended look on her face. 

"Oh be quiet, y/n." She says, chuckling softly, rolling her eyes. Draco scoffs next to Pansy. 

"I bet she's gonna use her own example.. Smartass." I look over at him, frowning. 

"Shut up, Malfoy." I spit back. He flinches backwards, as Hermione steps forward. 

"Amortentia is the most powerful love potion in the world. It's rumoured to smell differently to each person according to what attracts them." She mutters, her hands clutching her book to her chest. Her fingers are fumbling with the spare leather pieces falling off the cover as she stammers. " For example i smell.. Fresh grass, parchment, spear mint, toothpaste." My mouth falls open. I look over at Hermione then back at  Pansy. 

"Damn it, Draco." I grumble. I let my head fall in my hands. 

"Mrs Dolohov ?" My head shoots up, and my eyes meet Professor Slughorn's. 

"Yes, Professor ?" He clasps his hands together, stepping closer to the cauldron. 

"Why don't you give it a try, hmm ?" I look around at Hermione and Pansy, stammering. Pansy grins at me. 

"Uh, well- okay.." I walk closer to the cauldron and lean over, breathing in. The scent fills my nostril, making my head jerk back in surprise. My eyes go wide, my chest heaving. No. No, no. 

"What do you smell ?" Professor Slughorn asks. I look at him, gulping. 

"Uh.. men's cologne, black cherry shampoo..." I let go of a sharp breath, not wanting to continue. 

"What else ?" I go still, my heart stopping. 

"Cigarettes, like smoke. Ash." Professor Slughorn nods, gesturing his hand towards my seat. 

"Thank you, you may take a seat." I clear my throat and sit down, keeping my head down. Pansy scoots closer to me, letting her hand rest on my knee. 

"That smells a lot like-" I look up at her, eyes going wide to shut her up as i see Draco start to lean in to listen to the conversation. He backs away, and i nod. 

"Mattheo ? Yeah, i know." I look over and i'm surprised when i find him looking at me first. My lips part as i see his eyes drift over to my neck. He smiles slowly, his hand gesturing to his own neck. I frown , until he mouths the word, 'hickey'. My hand flies up to cover my neck. I look over and purse my lips. 

"Thanks." I mouth.