20-

y/n's pov- 

Today has been long. Very very long. Hermione has given me all of her notes to look over, making my bag ten times heavier as i walk towards the Slytherin common room. The hallways are dimly lit as i rush through them, trying not to get caught by Filch or his cat. I could've just stayed over at Hermione's like she offered, but that would be over stepping. I have a dorm, i don't need Hermione's. Besides, i miss my bed. I reach the Slytherin common room and step inside, relishing at the warmth of the fireplace. Some students are still awake, studying. Some have fallen asleep on their studies. The fire is crackling in the far right, the large sake crest hovering just above it. I let my bag drop onn the couch as i sit down and stare at it for a moment. There's a thump next to me. 

"Hey." 

"Hey, Pansy." I say, looking to the side. Her head jerks back and she sucks air through her teeth. 

"Yeesh, you look horrid. When was the last time you too a shower ?" I roll my eyes. 

"Oh, shove off." She chuckles, crossing her arms over her chest. 

"No, but really, y/n. When was the last time you got a good night's sleep." I rub at my eyes, groaning. 

"I don't know.. Like a week ago ?" She sigh heavily and tugs on my arm as she stands up. 

"Come on." I shake my head, grumbling. 

"No." 

"Come on you lazy piece of shit. You're going to bed." She pulls me up to my feet and guides me to the stairs. She places my hand on the railing and pushes me up. 

"go to bed, y/n." I yawn, nodding as i rub my eyes. 

"Okay, mum." She rolls her eyes. 

"See you tomorrow." She calls out, chuckling. I wave my hand mindlessly in the air. 

"yeah, yeah, whatever." I mumble, rubbing my eyes. I reach my door and push it open, but there's thundering down the stairs that catches my attention. Mattheo comes into view and he goes still, I lean against my door frame. 

"Hey." He says, cautious. I frown. 

"Why are you still awake ?" He shrugs sitting on the stairs, hands clasped with the other. 

"Keep having nightmares." My heart stutters to a stop. I push myself off of the door frame and sit next to me. His eyes go wide at the gesture, but he says nothing. 

"Really bad ones ?" He sighs, shrugging. 

"Fairly bad ones. I mean, they're mainly just flashbacks." 

mattheo's pov- 

She yawns, nodding as she leans back. She looks adorable, so tired and fuzzy. She doesn't seem to care that i insulted her yesterday. But i'm still going to apologise.

"Y/n, look-" 

"Was your life really bad before you came to Hogwarts ?" I stare at her, lips parted, I chuckle, nodding. 

"You try having two parents planning to take over the wizarding world." She giggles. 

"Well- Yeah, forgot about that." She shrugs, breathing out heavily through her nose. "Well, at least you don't have to follow in his footsteps, right ?" I nod, licking my lips. 

"Uh, yeah. Right." She sighs, rubbing her eyes. 

"I can't even imagine what that feels like." I chuckle, nodding. 

"Probably death, darkness and magic." She shakes her head, yawning again, her head flopping to the side. 

"That's not what i meant." I frown. 

"Oh.. Then i'm totally lost." She stretches, her whole body expanding. I can see her shirt hike up and her bare stomach starts to show. I snap my eyes away, my cheeks reddening. She starts stand up, yawning. 

"Well, goodnight, Mattheo." I grab her arm, pulling her back down. She plops back down next to me, frowning. Her lips are pouty, in the cutest way. 

"Wait." 

"What ?" Her voice is soft. I look at her, licking my lips. I grab her hand, holding her small one in both my big ones. 

"I'm sorry." She frowns again, yawning. 

"For what ?" Her voice is so childish, her eyes barely open. 

"Being an asshole in detention.. Being mean to you yesterday.. I didn't mean it." She shakes her head, a soft smiles forming. on her lips. 

"Considering i partially forgot about that, all is forgiven." She yawns, before her head falls on my shoulder , her eyes closed. Her hands grip around my arm as she snuggles in close. 

"Oh.. Uh.. Okay, let's get you to bed." I get up, and hold her head, hoisting her to her feet. She slumps against my chest. She feels so small, pressed up against my chest, her eyes closed as she groans softly. 

"Can you walk ?" I ask, gently pushing her backwards, and cupping her cheek, pushing her hair out of the way. She grumbles, which is my sign for "no". I pick her up, her arms spreading around my neck, her thighs instinctively spreading around my waist. My hands grip her thighs, as i walk into her room and close the door behind me. I gently plop her down on her bed and throw her covers over her. She curls up in ball as i crouch down and brush her hair out of her way. 

"Sleep well, y/n." She grumbles. 

"Go to bed , Mattheo. try to sleep." I chuckle as she spins around, her back facing me. 

"I'll try." I whisper, before walking out of the room and walking up to my own dorm room.