2-

-y/n's pov- 

The class is silent , but the unwanted chatter coming from the gryffindor side of the room floats towards me , and i get caught up in a discussion. 

"Who is Antonin Dolohov anyway ?" My stomach drops. 

"I'm surprised you don't already know , harry." Weasley. i clench my fists against my skirt , trying hard not to care. 

"He was one of You-Know-Who's followers. One of the strongest." I can hear the soft rubbing or robes as Harry turns his head to look at me. His eyes are trained at me , and i close my eyes , trying to shut them out. 

"And she's allowed in Hogwarts ?" He says , smugness and arrogance clear in his hushed voice. The granger girl makes a disappointed tut , and i can hear her slapping the back of harry's head. 

 "she's following in her mother's footsteps." I bite my tongue , holding back the shouts of greatfulness sprouting in my chest. 

"Dumbledore believes her ?" The amount of disbelief in his voice makes my confidence falter , the light inside me burning down to a slight flicker. 

"He can't jut kick her out , mate. She's a wizard just like the rest of us." I sigh heavily . 

"I guess you're right," I take in a deep breath and release my hand from it's painful grip , watching as blood spreads into the crescent shaped proof that my nails were once there , buried into my flesh , numbing away the doubts. I zone in and out during the whole class, Snape's boring ass voice making me feel sleepy. 

--time skip-- 

The class finally ends and i sigh heavily. Thank Merlin. I start gathering my things but freeze as a soft thump is heard on the seat right next to mine. I look up , meeting the boy's dark hooded eyes. A scar trails all the way down of his left eye , from his forehead to cheek , yet never touches his eye. He looks at me expectantly , his lips parted as he stares at me. His dark hair falls before his eyes perfectly , and i have to stop myself before saying something stupid. No distractions , y/n.  I frown at him , lips pursed. 

"Uhm , what're you doing ?" He shrugs , his shoulders inching closer to his defined jaw line. 

"Just sitting with a friend." Without thinking , and scoff and shake my head. 

"I'm not your friend." He pushes out his bottom lip , feigning pain. 

"I'm hurt." I roll my eyes at him , going back to packing up my things. 

"Go away , Mattheo."His brows furrow , linking over his nose . His tongue darts out of his mouth to lick his lips , and i snap myself back , catching myself staring at them. 

"You know my name ?" He asks , obviously confused. 

"My dad was a Death -Eater. One that your father created." I say , teeth gritted as i recall the unpleasant memories. He just looks at me , brows un-furrowing as he looks at me longer. 

"Not to mention , your mother is bat-shit crazy , so..." His shoulders slump. 

"Yeah , i tend to get that a lot." His inner cheek hollows as he bites it , lips pursed in anger. 

"Hey, no judgement from me." I say , raising my hands in the air in defence. 

"But seriously. What's the real reason you sat here ?" I say , eyes lingering on his hands as he nervously wipes them on his pants. He smiles innocently , his dimples popping. 

"No reason." I chuckle , looking at the obvious bulge in his pants and back up at his dashing smile.

"Really ? Cause your little doggy says otherwise." His smile drops , his dark eyes narrowing. I look to the side , where Malfoy and his puppets are laughing hysterically , some of them whooping my way.  I roll my eyes at him and stick up my middle finger , quietening him. I turn my attention back to Riddle , his fingers pinching the bridge of his nose.The bell rings , and i sigh , giving him a pitying look. 

"Yeah , next time , try talking to me yourself instead of being dared to , " He looks away, knowing he's been caught. I get up , pushing back my chair into place. 

"Have a good day." I say , sarcasm obvious in my tone as i turn on my heels and leave , pushing my hair out of my face. 

-mattheo's pov- 

I can still hear Draco laughing as i sit there , embarrassed. I turn to look at him , giving him a dark look. 

"Shut it , Malfoy." He shakes his head. 

"Was she kidding , or do you actually have a stalk on ?" I groan , letting my head fall and hit the table, in between my crossed arms.

"Fuck off , Daddy Issues." He stammers , and i smile . I feel a book thump on my back , and i turn around. 

"Mattheo ! Don't call him that !" I roll my eyes at Pansy , her frown creasing her forehead. 

"He was asking for it." Her lips smack against her lips as she makes a disapproving sound , tugging me up by my sleeve. 

"Gather your things and let's go." I sigh , going to my desk and gathering my things , stuffing them in the small-battered down black bag that i've trailed around for six years. 

"Yeah, Mattheo ! Gather your things and follow Mummy out the door!" I turn around , but Pansy's already taken care of it. She slams her book across his cheek , placing her hands on her hips as she stares at the boy. 

"Shut it , blondie." She says , Draco clutching his sore cheek. She turns around , grabs her bag and makes her way over to me, grabbing my sleeve and pulling me out of the room. She drags me down the halls , and soon enough , we walk right past our next class. 

"Pansy , what are you doing ? We have potions-" 

"We're skipping. Now come on , you slow bastard." She says , pulling harder on my sleeve. I frown. 

"But , it's potions. You love potions." 

"Shut you trap hole and come skip class with me." She says , stopping abruptly. I chuckle , smiling. 

"As you wish , Parkinson. As long as i don't have to look at Malfoy." She giggles , shaking her head. 

"Come on !" I follow up the stairs to the Astronomy tower , watching as she jumps over to the edge and leans over the railing. 

"It's such a beautiful day today." I shrug. 

"Meh , could be better." 

"Why were you talking to the new girl ?" I sigh , head falling. 

"Just a stupid dare. I honestly don't know why i agreed."

 "Do you like her ?" She asks , mouth wide with excitement. 

"I mean , i guess. She's-"I hesitate. "Nice." She nudges my shoulder. 

"That's not what i meaantttt, " I chuckle. 

"No. I don't." She sighs , pushing off from the railing. 

"You , my friend , are going to be alone. Forever." I chuckle , but a grim look settles on. my face as i look back at the horizon. When she's out of ear-shot , i sigh and mutter something under my breath. 

"I know."