35-

y/n's pov-

Mattheo is gripping me behind him, his back rising as he's taking heavy breaths. He straightens his back, but i can tell that he's tense. I slide my hand into his sneakily, squeezing it as he holds it behind his back.

"Hello, mom." Bellatrix steps forward, and he pushes me back further, his whole body going still.

"Mattheo, my child." Her voice is shrill, and her teeth are asbolutely horrid. "How are you ?" He just his chin forward, his hand leaving mine.

"Never better." I take a step closer to Mattheo, wanting to feel the comfort of his body, his touch. Bellatrix's head tilts to the side as she spots me. A small wicked smile spreads on her lips, and she steps closer. Mattheo puts his arm in front of me.

"Y/n Dolohov. It has been too long." Draco looks over at me, confused. Mattheo's arm drops, and he stammers.

"Y-You know her ?" Bellatrix giggles, clutching her wand in her long fingers, her nails dirty. I step closer to Mattheo, clutching his jacket.

"Of course, my boy." She points at me.

"Dolohov.." Her eyes drift over to Pansy. "Parkinson.." She points to Draco. "Malfoy... we're missing one." She says in a sing song voice, walking before all of us. Every time she gets too close to me, i feel Mattheo start to reach for me. I grip his jacket tighter as i speak.

"Blaise couldn't make it..." She looks up at me, grinning widely, showing us her grimy teeth. She giggles, staring right at Mattheo.

"What a disappointment for your father. " He rolls his eyes, straightening his back.

"He can suck it up." She pouts, clutching her wand as she walks over and grab both his cheek in her hand, pressing his lips together.

"Watch your tone. Mother taught you better." He shoves her away. He chuckles.

"Taught me ? That's funny." I clear my throat, stepping in front of Mattheo. I can feel his hands trying to hold me back and protect me.

"Why are you here ?" She giggles. Her jet black , curly hair is falling before her eyes as she creep closer to me, getting all up in my face.

"I have a task... From the dark lord." My heart absolutely drops into my stomach. I stagger backwards, my breath leaving my chest. I can't breathe. I can't. Pansy winces as Mattheo goes still.

"Oh jeez." Pansy mutters as i turn around to stare at Mattheo. When we turn back around, Bellatrix is gone. Matthoe groans, shaking his head.

"Fuck." He breathes out, stalking away.

mattheo's pov-

I walk away, hands in my pockets, trying to breathe. I can hear her running after me.

"Mattheo ! Mattheo, wait !" I stop dead in my tracks. I feel her slow down, and then her hands spread on my back before sliding onto my chest as she walks in front of me. She looks over my shoulder and the color drains from her face. I'm guess Pansy and Draco are following her. She grabs my hand and looks up at me, lips parted.

"Do you trust me ?" I look down at her, nodding slowly , the feeling of her hand against mine is making my stomach churn.

"I trust you." Her eyes go wide and her shoulders relax, her lips parting as she smiles softly.

"Okay. Follow my lead." She starts running, and i follow her, hand in hand. She guides me all the way to a bathroom, before slamming the door and locking it. She presses her forehead to the door, panting.

"Y/n, look, i-" She turns around, placing a finger over her lips, shaking her head. There's thundering footsteps behind the door.

"I think they went that way." Pansy.I stay quiet until the steps thud away, and then she lets go of a heavy breath.

"Oh thank god." She pants. I crumble to the floor, letting my head fall in my hands.

"M-Mattheo ?" I can feel her step closer. She kneels in front of me, hands finding my knees. Her hands gently rub my knees. When i look up her eyes are staring right back at me, eyes laced with worry. I suck in a shaky breath.

"Hey. What's going on ?" She cups my cheeks, pulling me close.

"I can't- I don't-" I shake my head, unable to form a word. My heart is aching miserably. I don't want to speak to my mother. I don't to see my father or work with him. She slowly straddles my lap, slowly shushing me.

"Hey, hey.. Shh. It's okay. It's okay." She mutters, kissing my cheeks, my nose, my forehead. I push at the small of her back, holding her close to me. I bury my face in the crook of her neck, shaking my head as i sob.

"I'm so sorry. I should've trusted you. I'm so so so sorry.." He shakes her head, fingers digging in my hair as she kisses my temple.

"Hey, no, no. It's okay, it's fine." She mutters, pulling away and cupping my cheeks away and pushing me away from her slightly, just enough so that i can look at her.

"I don't want to work for my father, i don't want to be him." She shakes her head.

"Don't even say that. You're not your father and you never will be. You are so much braver, such a good person. You are not your father." I shake my head.

"But.. But what if i become him..?" She shakes her head.

"No, you won't. You're not your father." I look at her, and before i register what i'm doing , my lips find hers in soft kiss. Her lips are infinitely soft as they glide on mine. This is the only real moment when i've taken the time to actually kiss her. Her hands cup the sides of my neck, her hips gently rolling on mine. I pull away from her, groaning.

"Fuck, you're gonna drive me crazy." I groan , pushing her hair out of the way. She chuckles, licking her lips. To my great demise, she crawls off my lap and helps me up. She hoists herself up on the counter, grabbing my shirt and pulling my forward. She wipes off the spare tears on my cheeks, smiling up at me.

"Don't cry. That's my job." I chuckle, kissing her cheek.

"I don't like it when you cry."