8-

-mattheo's pov-

I walk down the halls , staring down at my feet. 

"Hey , Riddle !" I don't turn around , not having the strength to actually care about passer-by's. 

"Mattheo !" I roll my eyes , but i'm yanked into a broom closet  , and hand wrapping around the collar of my shirt. My books are smack down, and i look down at the person standing before me. My eyes go wide , my whole body stilling. 

"What the hell are you doing ?" I retort , reaching for my books. She kicks them away , crossing her arm over her chest. 

"Are you telling people we're dating ?" My face falls. 

"No !" I say, feigning disgust. She scoffs , running her tongue over her upper row of teeth. 

"Really ? Cause , i've heard from two people that you are." I feel my heart sink. Fred and George . I groan. 

"I haven't told anyone anything." I pinch the bridge of my nose. 

"All i said was that i asked you to hang out and you rejected me." I sigh , running a hand in my hair. 

"They must have misunderstood." She raises a finger , taking a step towards me. 

"I swear , if you're lyin-" I take a step forward, backing her up against the wall , my face painfully close to hers. 

"I promise , i'm not." I take a step back , a dark look on my face. 

"No distraction. Right ?" She clears her throat , smoothening her shirt. 

"Right. And speaking of that , i need your help." I reach into my bag , lighting a cigarette and tucking it between my lips. I pull it away , carefully making sure to blow the smoke away from her. 

"With what ?" She twirls her rings with her fingers. She's adorable. 

"I need you to help me sneak into the head-masters office.." I frown. 

"Why ?" She sighs. 

"Pansy said there could be a restricted book section in the school." She says , and i can see her cheeks heating up. 

"And if it's restricted , that's the place it'd be." 

"In the head-master's offi- are you hearing yourself ?" I stammer. 

"I know! It sounds risky , and that's why i need you-" 

"And why should i help you ? I mean , after all, i'm a distraction." I cut her off. The venom in my voice is sharp , and i can see it cut her like a knife. She hesitates. 

"Well , i can't do it alone.." Her voice is small , hesitant. I nod , rolling my eyes. 

"Well, you're going to have to." She cowers. 

"But i need help !" I want to kiss her. God , i want to kiss her. She tucks a strand of hair behind her ear. I push back the envy to push her against the wall and grab her hips and cheeks , to let her know how much i long for her. 

"Figure it out yourself." I open the door , grabbing my things and pushing the cigarette against the wall , the ash crumbling to the floor. I feel a swat on my back , and she yells, 

"Asshole !" I nod slowly. 

"Yep , that's me."  I say , glancing back at her and giving her the fakest smile i can muster. She stays put for a while as i stare at her. The i turn on my heels and starts walking away. 

"Mattheo ! Mattheo !"  Her voice cracks as she yells out my name , and i disappear in the crowd of people , her cries eventually stopping. I try , i really do to forget her as i walk away , forget the way her body was so close to mine and the way of i had lowered my head by a couple inches , my lips would've been on hers. I won't think of her. I can't think of her. After all , i'm only a distraction , right ? 

-y/n's pov- 

I sit on the floor of the broom cupboard , head in my hands. The crowd is still pushing it's way through the halls , and i stay put, cowering in my corner. When i hear no one outside , i gently slide open the door and step outside , the light hitting my face as i frown. My mascara is smudged. I honestly don't know why i was crying. A Dolohov doesn't cry. 

My father grabbed my face , pushing my lips together . 

"Get yourself together , y/n. A Dolohov doesn't cry. Not for stupid reasons." His skin was hot against mine , his fingers pressing into my gums painfully. He threw my head back , letting go of my face and grabbing his wand. 

"Get up." I looked up at him , then at my mother. 

"Get up , y/n. And fight like the warrior you are." So i did. I got up , grabbed my wand , and i fought. Not once , did i cry again. I don't think i've cried until this day. With my father's words echoing in my brain , i dashed to the girls lavatory and wiped away the tears , the mascara , everything. 

"A Dolohov doesn't cry." I tell myself again as i wipe at my nose with my sleeve. I clutch the sides of the sink with my bare hands , feeling the cold material gradually dig into my skin , making a feeling of calmness crash over me. My knuckles whiten , until they match the color of the sink , and i finally let go. I sigh heavily , leaning against the wall and closing my eyes. After some time, i push myself off the wall and turn the tap on , running my aching knuckles under the cold water. I spray some on my face , relishing at the sudden shivers running down my back. 

"I am a Dolohov. A Dolohov doesn't cry." I hear a door open and someone enters , making me spin around. It's a boy. I can tell who it is , because a scar going down the left side of his face makes my heart jump. 

"Wrong bathroom." He mutters , and before i have time to reach out towards him , he leaves , leaving me stranded yet again , without time to apologise for being rude before. I stop. Why should i apologise ? I only asked him a question. I did nothing wrong. I sniffle again , the water dripping down my face. I wipe it away with a towel and discard it on the side, sighing and straightening my blouse. 

-mattheo's pov- 

I slump against the wall outside the bathroom. She was crying ? My heart aches , the mascara leaking down her cheeks making me shiver.  I ball my hands into fists , wanting to beat up whoever made her cry , but then i realise , it's me. Was i that rude ? I never meant to i- i wouldn't purposely hurt her. Never. So i beat myself up , tugingg at my hair and digging my nails into my palms. God dammit , Mattheo. I hear the door open and i shoot down the hall , not turning back and holding back the tears of guilt , of shame. I hurt her. Not Draco , or a random professor. Me