19-

theodore's pov- 

The sun is shining over the courtyard, beating down on me. I see her walking towards the lake, and my instincts kick in. 

"Y/n ! Wait up !" I say as i race after her. She stops , looking around to spot who just called her. When she sees me , her shoulders seem to tense. 

"Hey. What's up ?" She asks, clinging her books near her chest. I scratch the back of my neck awkwardly as i stare at her. Her eyes are hollowed out with deep dark circles, her hands shaky as she grips her books. She looks so frail, as if the slightest gust of wind could push her over. 

"So,uh.. There's this party in the Ravenclaw common room this weekend." She nods slowly, pushing her hair out of the way. 

"Yeah ?" She smiles, her head tilting slightly to the side. 

"Do you wanna go ?" There's an awkward silence as i struggle to form words. "With me?" Her lips part as she stares up at me. A thousand thoughts and warnings seem to rolling around her head, as she stares at me. Her eyes are wide as she stutters. She bounces up and down on her heels before nodding and tucking her hair behind her ear. 

"Uh, sure. Sounds fun." She goes to turn away, but my arm instinctively throws out to catch her. She stares down at the grip my hand has on her arm as she turns back, shaky breaths leaving her lips. I le her go almost immediately and stuff my hands into my pockets. 

"uh, i've been meaning to ask.. What were you and Mattheo talking about ?" Her whole body stops moving. She stares at me, lips parted. 

"What..? When?" She asks, her voice small and barely audible as wind gusts past us. 

"At the dance class." Her shoulders seems to relax as she shakes her head. 

"Nothing really.. Why do you ask ?" I shrug, muttering under my breath. 

"No reason. Just seems like he likes you or something." The color drains from her face. She chuckles forcefully. 

"Ha. That's funny. Mattheo ? Like me ? Hilarious." I sigh, pinching the bridge of my nose. 

"You don't see the way he looks at you, y/n." She sighs. 

"So what ? I don't care. He's an asshole." I frown. 

"You..You don't care ?" She sighs, shaking her head, lips pursed. She's trying to find a way out of this conversation , i can tell. I've known her almost my whole life. 

"No. Not really. Besides, i have bigger things to worry about than Riddle. And he's hooking up Astoria Greengrass so... That should tell you." 

"Tell me what ?" She sighs, exasperated. 

"He's just a piece of shit. But , uh.." She checks her phone, that has evidently not received any new messages. "I gotta go. Hermione's texting me, we have a lot to study for potions." She says, turning away. 

"You look nice today !" I call after her as she walks away. She turns around, frowning. 

"I look the same everyday." She chuckles, before turning back and scurrying off towards the castle. 

y/n's pov- 

I scurry away from theo, my heart racing. That was the most awkward interaction i have ever had.