17-

-hermione's pov- 

When y/n walks in , she looks exhausted. Her cheeks are tear stained , and she slumps down  on me , head falling on my lap as i gently comb my fingers through her hair. She groans , rubbing her eyes. 

"This day couldn't get any worse." i sigh. 

"I truly thought he would ask you." She looks up , between the crooks of her fingers. 

"Not what i mean , Mione." I chuckle , continuing to run my fingers in the dark tangle of hair. 

"Are you sure 'mistery girl ' were his exact words ?" 

"I'm positive." I sigh , smiling down at her. Her eyes are closed , lips slightly parted , deep bags hanging under her eyes. 

"You were probably his first option." She chortles , eyes still closed. 

"Hun , being an option isn't a good thing." My heart sinks and my gaze drops. I stop my hands and retreat them to bench behind me. Her eyes snap open. 

"It is when you have your own..." She sighs. 

"Theo wasn't an option. More of a last choice. In a good way , of course." I sigh. 

"At least you have a choice." She sits up , flames in her eyes , obviously mad. 

"Ron hasn't asked you ?" 

"I don't think he will.." 

"So ? Ask him yourself." I blush , feeling my cheeks heat up. 

"What ?" 

"Ask Ron to be your date for the Yule Ball." she shrugs , like it's no big deal. 

"Pardon , but that sounds like i'm a bit vulnerable and desperate." Well, after all , i kinda am

"Better off desperate than by yourself." I sigh. 

"I have to agree. That's true." A thought pops into my head , and i see y/n's cautious face as i clasp my hands together. 

"Go with me ?" 

"Nope !" She replies. "You gotta do this on your own. Hermione, you're a brave witch-Now , be a brave normal girl asking a boy to the dance." Her fingers drum on the table as she smiles. I smile back, tucking my hair behind my ears. 

"You're right. I will !" She chuckles. 

"That's my girl." Ron passes by , and i watch him carefully. He stops , waves at me shyly , and continues walking. I tunr to look at y/n. 

"Hermione." 

"Right. I'll be off then." I give a quick peck to her cheek, and run after the red headed boy. 

-y/n's pov

I watch Hermione chase after Ron. She reaches him and i see a conversation be exchanged , until she hugs him and turns around to give me thumbs up once he leaves. I give them back to her and gather my books in my hands, getting up and slinging my bag over my shoulder. I make my way out of the Great Hall. 

"Yo! y/n , wait up !"  I turn around. Pansy runs towards me, arms open. I let her run into me , head slumping. on her chest. 

"You look horrid , darling." 

"Yeah , well , that's the perks of being the daughter of fucking death-eater." She chuckles and pulls away , taking my hand. 

"Come on. Let's get you to the common room." She walks me all the way back and up into my dorm , where she washes away the mascara on my cheeks. I sniffle , my chest still aching. I forgave Theo , how could i not ? He's family. Even though he's a dick-wad. 

"You wanna talk about it ?" I sigh. 

"Nah." Pansy smiles. She already knows. Everybody knows. I didn't exactly run out in a quiet manner. 

"Okay.Whenever you're ready." I bit the inside of my cheek. The envy to ask is getting to big , taking an insufferable amount of space in my chest until it bubbles over and spills out. 

"How's Mattheo ?" She stops. She sighs. 

"He's angry. And hurt. His nose is broken. Like really broken. Even Madam Pomfrey couldn't repair it , so it'll have to heal on it own."  I feel sick. 

"Oh god." 

"Yeah. He mainly just wanted to see you , for some reason." 

"Why ?" 

"Wanted to make sure you were okay , or some shit like that." 

"Oh." She smiles. She can tell. I don't know how , but she can tell. 

"You gonna tell me what's going on with you two ?" I sigh. 

"It's nothing. We're just friends." She snickers , pulling away. I frown. 

"What ?" 

"You are blind , y/n. Blind."