29-

y/n's pov-

I run out of the bathroom and towards the balcony. We're alone, and the wind is blowing up my dress, making shivers spread over the entirety of my body. He's leaning over the railing, his body shaking as his fists ball. I can see the vein pulsing in his forehead. I close the door behind me, silently. I gulp, standing behind him, saying nothing. The wind is pinching my cheeks, making my body go numb in the cold.

"Mattheo ?" He doesn't move.

"Hey.. what's up ?" I say, taking a step forward. I can see his face in a more clear way from this angle, his jaw tense. He ignores me, turning his head away from me.

"look, i'm sorry.. I didn't know they were going to dare me to do that-" He turns to look at me.

"That's the problem. They dared him, not you. But you're the one who kissed him." I shake my head, taking a step towards him.

"There's no difference-" He turns around, clasping his hands together, leaning over the railing again.

"I bet you like him." His words blow the air out of my lungs. I can't breathe. Every single molecule of air has been sucked out of my body. I shake my head, gulping.

"I don't." He chuckles dryly, still not looking at me. My heart is aching. I just want to look into his eyes. I want to look into his eyes and i want them to tell me it's okay.

"Then why kiss him ?" I close my eyes.

"It was a part of the game, Mattheo." I mutter, my voice breaking. He balls his hands into fists, his jaw tensing harder as he grinds his teeth.

"That's bullshit." His tone is making my heart hurt. I shake my head, gulping down the tears forming in my eyes. My body feels weird, not being looked at by him. It's making me ache, how much i need his gaze. My body is going numb in the wind, my joints freezing up.

"It's not." I mutter, my voice breaking again. He scoffs, finally looking at me.

"At least i got your answer." His gaze is harsh as he stares at me, rude and angry. It makes my heart twist, my heart-strings splintering.

"My answer to what..?" He stares at the liquid in his beer bottle.

"To the ball." He takes a long swing, draining the rest of his beer. I cross my arms over my chest, shaking my head, trying not to cry.

"Wow. You know really shouldn't assume things." He grabs a discarded red cup and downs it.

"Because i was going to say yes." I say, tears rolling down my cheeks. Mid swig, he tears the cup away from his lips and stares at me, his eyes wide, lips parted. He stares at me, and seems to realise the tears running down my cheeks, the shivers running up my spine. I shake my head, sniffling. I wipe my nose on the back of my hand, sniffling.

"I was going to tell Theo tonight." He looks at me, still skeptical.

"Did you ?" I shake my head, sniffling again, wiping the tears off of my cheeks.

"I didn't get the chance. You went all possessive over me." He sighs, closing his eyes as he takes a step forward.

"Should've told me." I sniffle, my voice breaking and sounding all squeaky as i speak.

"I was going to. I just had to figure some things out." I sniffle, wiping my cheeks again, but for nothing, as the tears just keep on coming. I don't even know why i'm crying anymore. It's an accumulation of thing. The kiss, the way Theo looked at me. The fact that i'm probably in love with Voldemort's son. Tonight. Everything is just so overwhelming. I'm a glass that's filling up, and i'm slowly starting to overflow.

"Is that how you feel about me ? I'm just cool." I shake my head, breathing in a shaky breath.

"No.. But i'm not good in showing my feelings... so can that be good for now ?" He nods.

"Well, i like you, so..." His words make my heart spiral. It's making it throb and ache, and i can't handle it.

"Like i said, not good with feelings." I mutter, wiping at my cheeks again. He nods slowly, blowing out heavily.

"So, they're not mutual." I shake my head, whimpering.

"They are. They are. I'm just better at showing than telling." His eyes finally meet mine for the first time in this whole conversation. He scoffs, pursing his lips. He stares down at his hands, twirling the rings on his fingers.

"That's an understatement." I chuckle through the tears falling down my cheeks.

"The bathroom says otherwise." He breathes out heavily, looking up.

"You caught me off guard." I shake my head, trying to shake off the sting of his words.

"i don't think so." My heart is beating out of my chest just thinking about the bathroom. His body against mine, his hands on my body, his lips on mine..

"Alright, next time i'll be prepared.. And i promise to be more careful and not hurt you.." I chuckle sniffling.

"Next time ?" He looks down at me as he steps closer and wipes a tear off of my cheek with his thumb.

"I told you.. I only want to do it with you." My lips part.

"You were serious ?" He nods, cupping my cheek and gently dragging his thumb down my bottom lip, dragging it down.

"Obviously , yeah." I smile, trying to keep myself from getting red.

"I'm feeling special." He drags me in closer.

"you are special, to me." He says, his voice soft. It makes my heart go mushy. I take a step closer to him, looking up at him.

"Don't get sappy on me, Riddle. I like asshat Mattheo." He smiles, licking his lips.

"Asshat Mattheo likes you too.. He's just scared of hurting you again." I chuckle, shaking my head.

"If the bathroom, ever happens again, i guarantee you, Mattheo. There is nothing you could do to hurt me." He leans in, kissing my nose. I scrunch my nose up, the soft touch of his lips tickling my nose.

"Wanna head back in ?" He nods slowly, before taking a step away from me, his hands leaving my face.

"yeah."

mattheo's pov-

She goes to pull me inside, her hand clasped around my hand. I pull her back towards me, her chest falling onto mine. I cup her cheek, looking down at her. Her cheeks are flushed as she looks up at me.

"What are you..What are you doing ?" I shake my head, leaning in.

"Shut up." My lips fall onto hers, my hands sliding all the way down to her waist as i guide her to the railing and push her against it, my body flush against hers. Her hands are digging into my hair, tugging at the roots as my lips mould to hers. My hands spread down to her thighs, and i lift her up, spinning us around and pressing her to the wall. Her hips are pressed against mine. The silky material of her dress is hiking up her thighs, my hands roaming over her bare skin, feeling the goosebumps spread on her skin as my hand passes over it. It makes my heart beat faster. My body is aching with the anticipation of feeling her again. But i let her drop, and finish my kiss, her on her tiptoes, my back arched forward, my hands on her hips. I pull away, and stare at her. I grimace. Her head jerks back, confused, yet she doesn't remove herself from my embrace.

"What ?" I lick my lips.

"You taste like him." Her face falls. I sigh.

"Maybe if i kiss you more, the taste will-" She shoves at my chest, lips parting.

"God, you asshole!" I chuckle, feigning pain from her blow. I kiss her lips momentarily.

"Sorry, sorry. We can back in now."