27-

theodore's pov-

I stare in the mirror, trying to re-adjust my hair in the mirror. I breathe out heavily, gripping the edges of the sink. I stare at myself, breathing out heavily.

"Okay, Theo. You can do this. She's your best-friend.. You just happen to be in love with her...No biggie." I sigh loudly, before leaving the bathroom and making my way out of the dorm and down the stairs. I stand at her door for a couple of minutes, fist hovering over her door. I take a deep breath, closing my eyes. I knock on the door. The door opens, her head tilted as she tries to clasp an ear ring on her ear. She smiles as she sees me.

"Theodore. Hey. Come in." I step in and close the door behind me. I take in all of her. She's wearing a short, clingy, silky black dress, the straps thin on her shoulders. The bottom barely reaches her knees, and she gently tugs it down as she finishes clasping on her earring. Her lips are lined with a matte lip liner, shiny as she lathers them with lipgloss. I stare at her, my chest heaving. She leans over her desk, looking at herself in the mirror. I watch as the material of her dress spreads over her- Jesus. Get your head out of the gutter.

"You ready to go ?" I ask, clearing my throat. She tugs her dress down again.

"Uh.. sure.." I guide her out of the door and we make our way down to the common room. Her hair is spread evenly over her shoulders, yet half of it is tied up. We make our way out of the common room and into the hallways and towards the Ravenclaw dormitories. We can hear the music blaring from far away, and i can see y/n start to hesitate. Especially when we step into the Ravenclaw common room. She grumbles, tugging down her dress again.

"Can't believe i let you drag me here." She mumbles, rubbing her hands on her arms, trying to cover up. I grab her arm and drag her to the centre. I lean in to whisper in her ear, the music blaring around us.

"You need to loosen up." I say, pumping my fists in the air, pretending to dance. she looks around anxiously, before tugging my arm down so she can speak to my ear.

"What, so i can get buzzed and strip ?" I shrug, looking down at her.

"Maybe." Her mouth pops open as she scoffs, shoving at my chest jokingly.

"Absolutely not happening." I chuckle.

"Your call." She rolls her eyes, before she starts looking around, her bottom lip tucked between her teeth. She reaches up, her hand on my shoulder.

"You think Mattheo is here ?" My heart stutters to a stop. My body stops bouncing slowly to the music. I breathe out heavily, scratching my forehead.

"I don't know. Why ?" I can't help the venom in my voice. She's bringing him up ? Really ? On the one time we're having fun, just the two of us. She shrugs, trying to hide a smile on her lips.

"No reason. I had a question." I shrug, breathing out heavily.

"He's probably somewhere making out with Astoria." I see her shoulders tense. Her face falls. She stares at the ground. There's a poke on my shoulder I spin around, and my eyes meet Mattheo's.

"Actually, Asshat. I'm right here." I can see her faec light up, but she eventually gets over it when she notices Mattheo and I staring daggers at each other. He has my girl. My girl. She groans.

"I'm not doing this tonight." She looks over at Mattheo, smiling jokingly. "Have fun or go away." I stuff my hands in my pockets.

"Pretty boy better not overstep." I mutter under my breath. I look up to see y/n's face drain of color. She heard me. Mattheo rolls his eyes.

"Okay , dickbreath. We get it." She crosses her arms over her chest, tilting her head to the side as she looks at Mattheo.

"Why didn't you tell me you were going to be here ?" Mattheo blows out air heavily through his nose.

"Didn't know i had to." His voice is full of venom. I see her face drop again as he stalks away. I walk forward, leaning down to talk to her.

"What was that about ?" She sighs shakily, her eyes not meeting mine.

"I don't know. Just him being a dick i guess."

y/n's pov-

Why is he being a dick though ? He was so cute and sweet earlier today. And , i thought he'd at least compliment my dress- Oh crap. I'm falling for him.

"Maybe.. Or Maybe he's just pissed that you're here with me." My head snaps up to his. Why would it be a big deal ? We're just friends.. It's not like we're fucking. I nod slowly, lips pursed.

"I really doubt that's what it is." I spot Pansy over Theo's shoulder. Her eyes meet mine and her face lights up. With a cup in her hand, she stumbles towards me.

"Hey ! You made it !" She slumps over me, her arm slung over my shoulder.

"Yeah. Theo gave me no choice." She giggles.

"Come on. We're about to play truth or dare."

"Oh god." She drags me over to the couch, where Mattheo sits, gripping a beer bottle in his hand.

This is not going to go well.