5-

-mattheo's pov-

I stare at her the whole class. She's not aware of it , but my eyes are on her , my heart making small summer salts every time i think she's find me staring at her. Her lips are pursed in the cutest way possible , her brows furrowed in confusion. I see her lips mouth move as she curses under her breath as the professor gives her back her assignment. I smile to myself , watching as she pushes back her hair from her face and scans the paper. The bell rings , and i glance back at her. I walk over and sit down next to her , putting my bag down next to me. I shoot her a striking smile and she frowns.

"Do you follow everyone around , or do i have a new stalker ?" She asks , smiling nervously. I mentally scold myself for being so fucking creepy. I smirk , eyes narrowing slightly as i reply.

"You have a new stalker." Her face relaxes as she hears the sarcasm in my voice , and her head bows slightly as she giggles. My chest fills with butterflies , but i push them down before they fly up my throat and i mistakenly confess my undying lover her. Well , i don't love her. I just .. i don't know. Feel things for her.

"Figured." She manages between giggles. She calms down and tucks a strand of hair behind her ear , her eyes meeting mine before darting back to her folded hands on her lap.

"What're you doing after class ?" The words blurt out , fast and desperate. I sound pathetic , needy. She doesn't seem to notice and she meets my eyes again.

"Going to the library with Pansy Parkinson. Why ?" I shrug , leaning back in the chair and putting my feet on the table.

"We should hang-out." Her shoulders slump and she pinches the bridge of her nose.

"Yeah, no. Not happening." She says , turning to look at me. My heart cracks and splinters. Ouch.

"Why not ?" I ask , nose scrunching.

"Because no means no."She says , bright eyes darkening. I suck in air through my teeth and close my eyes as i shake my head, rubbing my fingers through my hair.

"Jesus."I say. My heart is in my throat , the pain of her rejection hurting me more than i want to admit. She seems to see it though , and pats my bicep comfortingly in an awkward matter before quickly pulling back. 

"Look , no offense. You seen cool, but i need to focus." I frown slightly , staring at her perfect curvy lips. 

"No boys. No dating." Her words sting but i shake my head , closing my eyes slightly. 

"Being friends is a thing , you know ?" She breathes out heavily , exasperated as she pushes back her hair from her face. 

"Yeah , well , your thoughts speak louder than your words." My heart stops , and my breath is snatched out my lungs. 

"You can read my mind ?" I ask , panicked , thinking she heard all of the things i thought while the class as i stared at her. She frowns, her head jerking back. 

"What ? No. You're just a guy , it's easy for us girls to figure you out." She says a-matter-of-factly , shrugging her shoulders as she pulls her light green zip-up jacket higher up her shoulders. I nod slowly , staring at my hands as i play with the silver ring on my middle finger.

"Don't take it personal , i've just got a busy life." I quickly shake it off , rebuilding the brick wall around me, shielding me from all feelings. 

"Nah it's okay. Uh, i'll see you later." She nods slightly , her eyes cast downward. 

"Yeah. Okay." Her voice is small , the barest whisper, her bright eyes never meeting mine. I get up and leave , rubbing my eyes tiredly. I knew better than to let myself slip. Yet i did, and i fucking caught feelings

-y/n's pov- 

I watch Mattheo as he walks away , feeling sorta guilty. Why was i so rude ? Why did i deny ? He just wanted to hang out ... God, y/n , you're so weird ! I groan at myself and stand up , before immediately falling back in my chair. I'm sooo tired. My knees went limp , and i flopped back in my chair. I grab onto the sides of the table to steady myself. 

"Hey-whoa. are you okay ?" Pansy's hand is placed on my forearm , her eyes narrowing as she takes in my pale face. 

"Yeah , just  really  tired." I say , pinching the bridge of my nose as pain sears in that particular spot. 

"You ready for our Library meet-up ?" I frown at her, the my lips part. Oh shit. It's monday

"Uh, yeah.  I just need to swing by my dorm." She nods slowly , rising to her feet and grabbing my bag , slinging it over her shoulder. I smile at her thankfully , before wobbly rising to my feet and walking to my dorm. When we arrive , i click open the door and flop down on my bed. Pansy stands in the doorway awkwardly. 

"You sure have a lot of things in your room.." She says , rising her eyebrows in sarcasm as she glances at the plain room. 

"haha. I just haven't had time to empty everything.." I say , taking a large swig of the water bottle on my bed-side table. She nods slowly , looking around. 

"Okay. I'm ready." I say , rubbing my hands on my skirt and rubbing my eyes tiredly. 

"You sure ? You seem pretty exhausted." She says, head tilting to the side as i relax my eyes. 

"Yeah , yeah. I need to do this." I say , thumping my fists against the newly changed sage-green bed covers. She shrugs , dropping my bag at the foot of the wall inside my room. 

"Alright then , let's go." I go to stand up , but stop. I close my eyes , holding up my hand and making her laugh. I choke on a chuckle. 

"In a minute."