49-

mattheo's pov- 

I rush out of the room, my head swarming with thoughts, blind red anger coursing my veins. I rush to the bathroom, needing to splash cold water on my face. Surely she didn't mean it, right ? Why would she say it to him and not to me ? What's so special about him ? I bend over the sink and spray my face. When i look up, i stare at myself in the mirror. The only thing that comes to mind is disgust. Without thinking, my fist balls into itself and smashes against the mirror, shattering it. I stumble backwards, watching the blood splattered on the glass. Then the adrenaline dies down and the pain hits me. I shake my hand trying to get the pain out of my knuckles. I clutch my wrist as i close and open my fist, groaning. 

"Fuck !" I yell, kicking the trash can, and watching it soar across the room. I stalk back to the sink, gripping the edges with all my might. I'm gripping it so tight i think i might tear it right off the wall. That is, until the door creaks open, and the clicking of heels is heard. I look up, only to spot her in the shattered mirror. She stands in the doorway, staring at me. 

"I've been looking for you." She mutters, letting her hand rest on her abdomen as she pants. I shrug, opening and closing my fist again, grimacing at the pain. 

"I've been here." She clears her throat, noticing the blood smeared on my knuckles. She licks her lips point her thumb over her shoulder at the door. 

"Wanna go dance ? Slow song." She says, her voice small. I shake my head, leaning against the sink as i cross my arms over my chest, trying to hide my bruised knuckle. 

"No, i'm fine right here." She steps closer, hands reaching me and fidgeting with the sides of my jacket, trying to straighten it. 

"C'mon, i really like this song." She says, a small smiles spreading on her lips. I gently push her away and turn on the tap, running my bloody hand under it and watching the water turn murky red as it runs off my hand. 

"Ask Theodore." I can see her go still at my remark, eyes wide. 

"Why would i ask Theodore ? You're my date." I shrug, turning back to look at her as i wipe off the water on my hand, trying to hid the pain in my face. 

"It's always been him, hasn't it...?" Her face goes blank as she frowns, taking a small step away from me. 

"What're you talking about ?" 

"I saw you." She bites her bottom lip, her chest heaving. 

"Saw me do what ?" I throw my paper on the floor, teeth gritted. 

"Don't play dumb, y/n. I saw you, you were  with Theodore and i know you saw me too because you looked at me, and i heard everything you said." I say. She shakes her head, looking up at me, confusion in her eyes. 

"You were eavesdropping..?" I shrug, opening my arms. 

"I have the right, don't i ?" She shakes her head, crossing her arms over her chest, lips parted as she frowns. 

"N-No, you don't. That's invading." I sigh, scoffing. 

"And you going off is sneaking around. You were supposed to go get a drink with Hermione." She stares at me, quick and rushed breaths leaving her lips. 

"I was talking to a friend in clear view." She protests, frowning. She shakes her head when i say nothing, tears flying up to her eyes. 

"What is your problem, Mattheo ?" She mutters, taking another step back. I scoff, taking a step forward, pointing at myself. 

" My problem ? For Christ's sake- You told him you loved him." She flinches as i step closer. 

"So that's what this is about." She mutters. "That's what this has always been about." She says, nodding, her lips pursed. I shake my head, turning away from her momentarily before turning to face her. 

"You can't say it to me, your boyfriend- Why ?" She closes her eyes , pinching the bridge of her nose.

"Oh, i don't know, maybe because i don't want to ? because of what you're doing now ?" She says, crossing her arms over her chest. My eyebrows raise. 

"But you'll say it to him." She rubs her eyes tiredly, gulping as to hold back tears.

"I've known him for years. It's acceptable." I shake my head, stepping closer to her again. 

"But he's just a friend. I'm more than that." She sighs, her voice breaking. 

"That doesn't matter." I stare at her, horrified. 

"So, you're saying i don't matter." Her eyes close and i can see her fight the tears in her eyes, the knot forming in her throat. And i feel terrible for being the one making her cry, but i need to understand this. 

"Of course you matter." She says, her voice strained. I lick my lips, nodding slowly. 

"But Theodore matters more ?" She closes her eyes, and i swear i can see a tear slip out of her eye before she quickly wipes it away. 

"I'll always pick myself. And if you don't like it, then you can leave." She says, pointing to the door, gulping heavily in a desperate attempt to not cry. I look at her, scoffing. 

"Are you serious ?" She nods. 

"Very much so." I can see the anger on her face, but her eyes tell another different story. A story of pain and confusion. I shrug. 

"Fine then.. We're done." Her lips part and she does her best to hide the pain in her face. She shakes her head, her voice croaky when she answers. 

"You know i don't forgive and i don't forget." I scoff, shaking my head before looking back at her, the envy to inflict pain coursing through my veins. Before i can think, the words are leaving my lips. 

"I hope you're miserable until you're dead." I spit, the venom in my voice hitting her harder than i expected. She actually flinches, a spare tear running down her face. She shakes her head, bitting her bottom lip in frustration. 

"I hope you never fall in love again." She spits back, and i purse my lips. I tilt my head to the side. 

"After you ? I'll make sure of it." I grit out, hands digging into my pockets. 

y/n's pov- 

I stare at him, unsure of what just happened. Did we just... break up ? The door swings open. 

"Y/n, are you in here- Oh, sorry." She says, gritting her teeth comically. I spin around to meet Hermione's gaze. Tears are cascading down my face at this point, soft sniffles falling from my lips. Her lips part and her eyes go wide. She rushes forward, arms outstretched for me to fall into. 

"Oh, honey, what's wrong?" I watch as Mattheo pushes past me, hands in his pockets. I crumble to the floor, crying. Hermione is still desperately trying to calm me down when there's a bright flash of light and a scream. She spins around, eyes wide. I sniffle. 

"What the hell ?" I sniffle between sobs. Hermione's hand is gripping my arm as there's another bright flash. 

"What's going on..? What is this ?" Mattheo stops in his tracks, turning around in front of the door.  His eyes meet mine as i lay on the floor, crippled. I see a slight falter in his posture, his hand twitch by his side. I can see the envy to run over and kiss me better, to hold me i his arms and make sure i forget this. But then his eyes go blank and he licks his lips. Then, he speaks. 

"This is war."