38-

mattheo's pov-

I stare at her as she holds her hand over the hickey i left on her neck. She goes bright red, making my heart flutter. She's so cute. She looks over at me, frowning jokingly. I shake my head, rolling my eyes. She sticks her tongue out, and i roll my eyes again.

"You're so childish." I mouth and her mouth drops open. She shake her head and gestures to the hickey i left on her neck.

"This is your fault." She mouths, pointing her finger at it. I smirk at her, making her blush a brighter shade of red. I chuckle, shaking my head. Professor Slughorn clears his throat.

"Alright. Who's next..?" Hermione clears her throat and points over to me.

"I think Mattheo should go." y/n's eyes go wide. She nudges Hermione.

"Uhm, what are you doing ?" I hear her hiss. My lips part and i look over at Hermione. I shake my head. Y/n, looks over at me, her eyes frantic.

"That's not your choice." I say, looking at Hermione, tilting my head to the side. Professor Slughorn chuckles, shaking his head. He clasps his hands together, stepping towards me.

"Oh come on. It'll be alright. Come on , Mr Riddle. Step on up." I sigh and stand up, walking over to the cauldron. She's so close, standing right behind me. The air seems to be sucked out of the room. I can't breathe. I loosen my tie, and lean over the cauldron. I take a deep breath, closing my eyes. Y/n's scent invades my nostrils, making my senses flare up. I back away, trying to hide the fact that my heart is beating out of my chest. Professor Slug horn leans over, smiling.

"Scent ?" My head twists back as i look back at her slightly, before i turn back and look at Professor Slughorn.

"Petals..Grass, uh- Rain water and trees." Harry snorts, laughing.

"Y/n doesn't like nature." I look over at the boy, frowning. He quiets down very quickly.

"Thank you for volunteering." Professor Slughorn asks. I turn around to leave, yet my hand wraps around her arm and i slowly and quietly drag her away.

"Do you actually like nature ?" I ask, as she puts her bag down and sits in the chair next to mine.

"Yeah. I think it's interesting." She mutters under her breath. I look at her as she tries to avoid eye contact. It's funny, because i was inside of her just mere minutes ago. She tucks a strand of her hair behind her ear, breathing out heavily as she hurriedly starts to take notes.

"So, you're attracted to me." She puts her pen down and she places her head on her palm, looking over at me.

"And, you're attracted to me." I chuckle, running my hand in my hair.

"Not really ?" She picks her pen up again, and breathes out heavily.

"Lie to yourself all you want." She says, going back to taking notes. I sigh and lean over, my hand settling on her thigh, making her look up with wide eyes.

"Maybe a little." I whisper in her ear. She chuckles, slowly pushing me away.

"Mattheo, i'm hot. And my perfume is water mist scented. Face it, you're in love with me." I chuckle, shaking my head.

"Same goes for you." She chuckles, shaking her head.

" I don't love. I like and kill, that's it." My mouth falls open. I stare at her, my eyes darting between Professor Slughorn and her, checking if he's noticed we're talking.

"Wait, what ?" She snorts, her hand clamping over her mouth as she keeps her giggle in.

"I'm joking." She bites her bottom lip as she giggles. I look at her, shaking my head before looking away. I feel her leaning in.

"A little bit." I look over at her again.

"Huh ?" She snorts.

"I'm joking. God , you are so gullible."

Y/n's pov-

I shove at his shoulder, chuckling. He shakes his head, rolling his eyes.

"You're unbelievable." Professor Slughorn clasps his hands together.

"Alright everybody. That's it for today, have great day." He says. The class starts to fill with the chatter of teens as everybody gets up and starts gathering their things. I follow Mattheo out of the room, and he chuckles.

"You really are unbelievable." I shake my head, nudging him in the ribs.

"I'm flattered." I reply, before a hand wraps around my forearm. I'm dragged away before i can process what is hapenning.

"What the fuck are you doing ?" My eyes meet Theo's and my heart stops. I try to wrench myself away.

"Let me go !" I can see Mattheo in the corner of my eye. My worst fear is that he's going to try to beath Theo up again.

"You're hanging out with that asshole ?" I wrench myself away from him, shaking my head.

"I can do whatever i want. I thought we established that." He breathes out heavily, closing his eyes. "You don't control me, Theo. I'm not a toy you can claim. Now, do you have an actual reason of dragging me here ?" He looks down at me, rubbing the back of his neck.

"No.." I nod, scoffing.

"Right. Okay. Bye, Theo." I walk away, trying to make my way back to Mattheo. But once again, i get taken away, Hermione's arm looped around mine and i'm being dragged away.

"I saw you talking to Nott... Are you going to tell him about the ball today ?" I look over my shoulder, looking for Mattheo.

"y/n ?" I look to the side, Ron frowning as he walks along side Hermione and i. I nod.

"Uh.. Yeah. Yeah."