Montgomery Boarding School

Check out the book trailer^^

Rosemary's P.O.V

The most prestigious private boarding school gave me a scholarship to attend their school! From the moment I was thirteen years old, I had been wanting to be part of it. The first time I brought it up to my parents, they affirmed to me that they'd take it into consideration. I know they really meant it. I could not forget that it was a highly priced institution to attend. A boarding school that only the most influenced people's children went to. The most educated and successful people graduated from. If you wanted to be someone, Montgomery Boarding School was the place to receive your education from. The diploma alone from the institution guaranteed you a successful life and career. As I said, the most important and most influenced people received their education from there, which was followed by generations. The wealthiest families attended Montgomery. Many people considered it a preppy private school but I found it to be so much more than that.

Finally, I received a scholarship in which could help my parents pay off the rest of the school year. My family was well financed. Nothing compared to the families that attended Montgomery but we were well middle class.

Attending Montgomery Boarding School was a dream come true! I had no words to describe how excited and lucky I felt to be here! In no way was I planning on jeopardizing this opportunity!

At the headmaster's office, mom held on tight to me as she said her goodbyes. Her sobbing made me emotional but I had to pretend to be strong for her. Otherwise, she was going to cry like a baby. I understood that it was difficult for her to let me go. We had never been separated before like this. Dad looked emotional but he was keeping it together. Thank god, for mom's sake.

Mom started crushing my bones.

"Mom," I yelped. "I'm going to be fine," I wiggled out of her hold. Sniffling, mom made a bit of space between us. "You know this is what I've always wanted," I assured. From the moment I heard of Montgomery, it was the only thing I could talk about, so she was well aware of my dream.

"First thing on Friday after your last class, I'm picking you up," she stated in advance.

Here at Montgomery, everyone was allowed to leave for the weekends once classes were over on Fridays. Mom definitely had my schedule by now.

As mom squeezed and crushed my bones again, I shifted my eyes to my dad in a pleading manner.

"Honey, the secretary is waiting to take Rosemary to her dormitory," he forced her off me. Once off me, I was able to breathe again.

The headmaster cleared his throat, "Mrs. Myles, don't you worry. Rosemary is in perfectly good hands. Here at Montgomery, our security team is on top of safety. It's our number one priority," he affirmed, buttoning up his blazer as he stood from the chair behind his desk. "Next time you see your daughter, she'll be ecstatic and telling you all about the wonderful experience!" he reassured.

The secretary scoffed. In which the headmaster eyed her for.

"Um, I'm ready," I was dying to meet my new room. I had looked up the layout of the institution and was excited to see it all in person!

Mom pulled me in for one more bone crushing hug. Dad joined this time, making it double the crushing.

"Rosemary, if you need anything, don't hesitate to call us," dad reminded. Something they had been telling me for the past few days. For some reason, they believed I was going to become homesick.

"Feel free to call us and we'll be right over," I could tell that mom was praying on it.

I chuckled, "You guys can call and text me whenever, it's not like we're going to cut communication," I found it to be hilarious they how dramatic it was coming off as. Phones existed! Just because I was going to be away from home didn't mean that my parents were going to be dead to me.