CH. 30 Poolside Service

Violet's P.O.V

Up on the rooftop, we needed a secret code to be allowed through security. Melanie had all of that under control. We walked in and went straight to the drinks. At first, I was skeptical of it. The music and atmosphere were on point though. Something I could vibe to.

The moment we arrived, people started approaching us. It's like wherever I went, I attracted attention. Not to mention that Melanie took advantage of it. She welcomed it. Was this why she brought me? To soak up the attention that I attracted?

"Two vodka shots!" Melanie ordered from the bartender. We already had drinks though. Fuck, this bitch wanted to get drunk. Whatever, I guess I was gonna have to babysit. Only one I looked after were my best friends and Rosemary but I guess I could take care of Melanie too. The bitch was wild and the last thing I wanted was to have her death on my conscious.

The bartender scooted the shots to us. Melanie took them and tried handing me one.

"Melanie, I'm good with my drink," I shook my head no at her.

Melanie rolled her eyes, "Boring!" She claimed.

A little offended, I retorted, "Bitch please!"

"Why you being a little bitch?" She pressured. I eyed her. "Violet, you being a little bitch," she reassured. "Drink this or you a little bitch!"

"I'm not a little bitch!" I argued.

"Prove it! Drink it!" She held the shot out to me.

Peer pressure meant shit to me but here this bitch was calling me a little bitch and it honestly got to me. Why? I have no fuckin' idea but it did! I could either prove a point and ignore it or prove a point that I was no little bitch!

Mad that she hit a nerve, I retorted, "Bitch, fuck you!" I took the shot from her and took it like a queen! I slapped the shot glass on the bar counter. "Bitch, fuck you! Fuck you!" I cursed Melanie out.

Entertained, Melanie laughed her ass off and drank her shot like nothing. "Bitch, yessss!" I shook my head in disbelief. Nothing fazed this bitch. "Two more shots!" She requested from the bartender.

This time, I was standing my ground, "I'm not drinking that one!" I stated in advance. Shit, when I was around Melanie, I felt so damn responsible. Eww.

On the opposite side of the bar counter, two guys were snorting sugar lines. Melanie was staring at them as if she wanted to join them. Wait, she did that too? Surprisingly, I was in shock. Like I was but at the same wasn't.

I sipped my drink.

"Over here!" Melanie yelled over the music and pulled me by the hand. I followed her. Melanie took me to the center of the dance floor. We started dancing. "Let everyone know that their queen has arrived!" She hyped me up. Liking that, I smiled.

She had a point. Everywhere I went, I had to let my presence be known. Eyes glued on to me the moment I walked in but still, I had to keep it that way. Show them who was boss. Technically, I didn't have to do anything. They gravitate towards me naturally.

"Melanie, chill!" I chuckled. "Enjoy the night and let shit happen on it's own."

The DJ knew his crowd tonight because he was playing music that kept everyone on the dance floor. At no moment did the crowd complain or stopped dancing. Twerking and dancing with strangers, everyone remained on the dance floor.

Before I knew it, I finished my drink and Melanie gave me another one. While I was on my second one, she was on her third one. Not to mention the shots she already took. She took two more shots than I did.