CH. 21 Homewrecker

Rosemary's P.O.V

Violet's bedroom door was locked. I pressed my ear against the door while knocking. To see if I could hear her.

"Violet, please," I pleaded and knocked some more. "Talk to me," I tried turning the knob but it was useless. No matter, it was going to remain locked. During these moments, I wished to have super powers to force the door to open.

"Leave me alone," she sniffled. Oh no, she was crying.

"Violet, let me in," I worried for her. My hands pushed on the door, desperately wanting to hold her in my arms. How could she handle being alone in there? Yes sure, we had our differences but I still cared about her. I really did, whether I liked it or not. "If you don't open up then I'll kick the door down," I warned. Shit, I was bluffing but she couldn't tell.

At least, I heard the door unlocking. As soon as I was able to, I opened the door and hurried inside. Closed the door behind me and locked it.

"Why are you locking it?" her hands slid underneath her eyes, roughly. Trying to hide the tears from me. It was too obvious though.

"So that you won't try running out," I answered her while letting go of the door knob. I took steps towards her.

"Don't come close," she took steps further back.

Not listening to her request, I kept walking towards her. "Why not?" I asked. Her lower back hit the bed frame, stopping her from taking any further steps. Now that I reached her, I stood directly in front of her. "Please Violet, tell me what's wrong," I really needed to know. It was bothering me.

Her tears were hurting me. Seeing her cry was heartbreaking. It tore me apart and even made me want to cry. I swallowed the lump in my throat. Her eyes narrowed down as she cried. Her hands covered her face. Her shoulders jumped while she cried heavily but quietly.

Feeling hesitant, I slowly rested a hand on her shoulder.

"Please Violet, tell me," I insisted, being cautious in a way.

Still looking down, she questioned, "Why do you care?"

"Because I care about you," I placed my finger underneath her chin and made her look up. Her eyes remained looking down. "Would you please just look at me?" Slowly, her eyes looked at me. "Now can you tell me?" I asked, cracking a smile.

She nodded. "The girl who...," she paused. As if gathering her words. "The girl who I... like," maybe I did not want to hear this now. "She doesn't like me," her face fell into her hands again as she cried.

God, how was I supposed to help here?

"How do you know?" is the only thing that came to mind. My heart was pounding hard against my chest. Just by knowing that Violet liked someone.

Yet again, it could be me? We've kissed! Yet again, she's also made out with other people. Not to mention that when we first kissed, she was drunk. Did it even count? For me it did.

I didn't know what to believe anymore.

Violet gathered herself. She wiped tears off her face. "Because I heard her say awful things about me," she cried more. It tore me apart seeing her this way.

My first instinct was to hug her. That's exactly what I did. My arms wrapped around her tightly. And as her head rested on my shoulder, I felt her tears on my neck. My eyes squeezed shut, trying to stop my own tears.

This added more to me believing that I was the girl. I'm always telling her things. Just like she was always insulting me too.

"Maybe you heard wrong," I honestly didn't know what to say. Just wanted to make her feel better. I felt her head shake on my shoulder. "Well, that girl is a complete dumbass for saying those things," I added. If it was me, I didn't care about insulting myself right now. "Violet, you're a very special girl, who deserves to be loved," I was caught up in the moment. Either way, they were true.