CH. 4 Tutor

Rosemary's P.O.V

Classes were done for the day. These past 3 days had been nothing but chaos. No class could properly end. In second period, the teacher ran out and said the couldn't handle it today. Rather being ashamed of themselves, my classmates laughed and booed her for being weak.

What happened to education being the main priority in the institution? Highly valued? Yeah right.

Lola convinced me to go to the school's cafe. At first, I suggested doing homework as well but she rolled her eyes and told me to not be a nerd. She laughed afterwards but I don't know if she was joking. It kind of looked like she meant it.

People worked on homework at one of the tables as they ate snacks. At other tables, people talked and listened to music. More of a chill vibe going on.

A crowd surrounded a table. Everyone tried squeezing in a place but failed. Disappointed, some people walked away and that's when I caught a glimpse of Violet. Oh of course! I should have guessed it. Wherever there was a crowd of fans, Violet was the cause.

I took a sip of my milkshake as I watched how they practically kneeled down to her. No wonder why she thought she was above everyone else. They gave her material for it. At the same time, I could not blame them. Violet was so damn beautiful. It was hard to not admire her beauty and get lost in it. Every time that I tried looking away from her, my eyes always found their way back to her. People were chatting her up and weirdly, it made me feel annoyed. The way they flattered her and got a smile from her.

It reminded me of when I first met her, when we bumped into each other. That Violet smiled at me and looked genuine. For a moment, I almost believed in love at first sight. How dumb.

Too bad that she turned out to be a completely different person.

"Ugh, they think they run the whole school just because they have brainless minions," Lola remarked, looking at them in disgust.

"I don't understand why people belittle themselves so much to get her attention," I added.

Lola's eyes shifted to me as she put her cup of coffee down. "Because they want to be popular," she answered. "They don't have any self respect," she stated. "Being part of Violet's main group gives you a name in this stupid school," she gave her head a little shake, finding it absurd.

"I don't understand it," I shrugged.

"Me either! And it's not like they're known by the correct name," she scoffed.

I felt my forehead crease, "What do you mean?"

Lola took a drink of her ice coffee before answering me, "The guy with the undone tie," she sort of pointed towards his direction without making too obvious. "His name is Mat but they call him Vince," she elaborated. "And that's because Violet told everyone to."

My eyes flickered in shock, "So she changed his name? And he was okay with it?" Like what was all that about? How messed up was that?

Nodding, Lola confirmed, "Yeah and as long as they can be popular, they'll allow Violet to humiliate them."

"I don't think that's right," I kept getting disappointed from the things I found out about Violet.

"Tell that to Violet, she's the one treating everyone as a toy and not like actual human beings," Lola remarked. "Rosemary, you're sharing a room with her and you're gonna see a lot of shit," she warned me about.

Let down by it, I shifted my eyes back to Violet and saw a guy being too close to her. Invading her personal space. Almost welcoming it, she acted flirtatious. A little bit, she pulled back but kept teasing him.